*The post title is currently under review.
The vacancy is open only for persons with citizenship of the Republic of Serbia.
The successful candidate will receive a one-year fixed-term Letter of Appointment, which will be subject to satisfactory completion of a 6-month probationary period, and which will be renewable annually, subject to satisfactory performance and continuing need for the post. The incumbent will work in the Human Resources Section of the Mission's Administration Unit.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the National Human Resources Officer, the incumbent is primarily responsible for the Mission's staff training and social security portfolios. Specifically, the Senior Human Resources and Training Assistant is responsible for:
1. Managing the Mission's staff learning and development programme, including:
- preparing the annual training programme on the basis of needs assessment results;
- serving as the Mission's learning and development focal point and liaising with the OSCE Secretariat to ensure a consistent approach in respect to training policies;
- managing the Mission's training board;
- managing the staff training budget, in co-ordination with the supervisor;
- preparing, organizing and conducting training workshops for the Mission's staff;
- developing and organizing the Mission's induction programme;
- co-ordinating logistics for training sessions;
- evaluating training programmes and follow-up;
- managing files and records of staff training activities.
2. Managing the social security schemes of the Mission's staff, including:
- advising staff on procedures concerning the Provident Fund and health, life and disability insurance, seeking clarification from the Provident Fund operator and the medical insurer and proposing solutions in uncommon cases;
- co-ordinating with the medical insurer the enrolment of staff and dependents;
- administering the social security elements in the Oracle ERP system;
- organizing voluntary medical actions for staff, in co-ordination with the health insurer;
- co-ordinating an independent medical practitioner's verification for sick leave.
3. Administering Special Service Agreements (SSA), including:
- creating Purchase Orders (POs) in the Oracle ERP system for Special Service Agreements;
- ensuring that all SSAs comply with the applicable OSCE instructions;
- drafting contracts and submitting them for approval and signature;
- processing invoices for consultancy services.
4. Assisting in recruitment of staff, consultants and interns, including:
- drafting and posting vacancy notices;
- screening job applications against minimum requirements for the advertised post;
- organizing written tests and interviews and representing HR in selection boards;
- verifying educational credentials and conducting reference checks;
- drafting interview reports and appointment memos;
- updating the Oracle ERP system database with the selection process data.
5. Performing other duties as required, including replacing the National Human Resources Officer when necessary.
- Citizenship of the Republic of Serbia;
- Completed secondary education, supplemented by formal training or certification in the field of human resources or education;
- A minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible working experience in human resources, of which at least 2 in an international or multinational environment;
- Established experience in the administration of training, and in at least one of the following areas: contracting, social security, recruitment;
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft packages;
- Proficiency in the use of HR module of an ERP system;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and in Serbian;
- Ability and willingness to work with people of different nationalities, cultural and religious backgrounds and diverse political views while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, as well as the ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Holding a valid driving licence.
Candidates are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the OSCE core values and competencies by studying the OSCE Competency Model available at: https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
- Commitment: Actively contributes to achieving organizational goals
- Diversity: Respects others and values their diverse perspectives and contributions
- Integrity: Acts in a manner consistent with the Organization’s core values and organizational principles
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for own action and delegated work
- Communication: Actively works to achieve clear and transparent communication with colleagues and with stakeholders of the Organization
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others on common goals and fosters a positive, trust-based working environment
- Planning: Works towards the achievement of goals in a structured and measured manner
- Analysis and decision-making: Analyses available information, draws well-founded conclusions and takes appropriate decisions
- Initiative-taking: Proposes and initiates new ideas, activities and projects
- Flexibility: Responds positively and effectively to changing circumstances
Managerial competencies (for positions with managerial responsibilities)
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, builds trust and creates an enabling environment
- Strategic thinking: Identifies goals that advance the organizational agenda and develops plans for achieving them
- Managing performance: Helps to maximize team performance by providing active feedback and skill development opportunities
The incumbent will receive a one-year fixed-term Letter of Appointment, which will be subject to satisfactory completion of a 6-month probationary period, and which will be renewable annually, subject to satisfactory performance and the continuing need for the post.
Appointments are normally made at Step 1 of the applicable salary scales.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions, is EUR 1,730.83. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, cancel the recruitment, offer an appointment at a lower grade or offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
How To Apply
Please apply online through the OSCE website (https://jobs.osce.org) no later than 3 April 2018. Only online applications will be considered; applications received by email, post etc. will not be accepted.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Candidates who have not been contacted by 30 April 2018 should consider there will be no follow up to their application.
Contact Tel. No: 011-3606 100, ext.: 4133 or 4153 (Human Resources Office).