The OSCE Presence in Albania (hereinafter “the Presence”) is implementing the extra- budget project “Justice Without Delays” (‘JWD’), funded by the Austrian Development Cooperation. The project aims at improving the efficiency of district court proceedings in Albania. Under the Project, the Presence will hold a conference of the Balkan region focused on court administration and case management. The event will be hosted by the Albanian High Judicial Council and is organized by the Presence, in collaboration with the EU/Council of Europe's Support to Efficiency of Justice III Project, with the exceptional contribution of the Albanian School of Magistrates. Such conference will serve as an opportunity for the governing bodies of the judiciary, court administrators and legal professionals from the countries of the Balkan region to share their experiences in courts administration and case management. The language of the Conference will be English, while interpretation will be provided in Bosnian/Croatian/Montenegrin/Serbian (BCMS) and Albanian.
The Presence’s Rule of Law and Human Rights Department is looking for two interpreters with relevant experience in interpreting from English to Bosnian/Croatian/Montenegrin/ Serbian (BCMS) and vice-versa.
Tasks and responsibilities:
The two interpreters will provide simultaneous interpretation during the one-day conference. They will be expected to:
- Based on conference materials/presentations sent in advance by the Presence, request advice about terminology which is specific and/or unclear; Provide simultaneous interpretation from English to Bosnian/Croatian/Montenegrin/ Serbian (BCMS) and vice-versa during the one-day conference. In doing so, interpreters will take turns while providing interpretation, one will be translating and the other one will be resting at the booth. Length of turns will be left to the interpreters to decide prior to the conference and to communicate to the contact point of the presence. In case the interpreters fail to agree on a schedule the Presence will decide on the arrangement to be followed.
- Provide interpretation from English to Bosnian/Croatian/Montenegrin/Serbian (BCMS) and vice versa during the conference.
Location and duration
The experts will be working in Tirana, Albania. The venue of the conference will be confirmed soon. The activity will start at 9:30 – 17:00, while the interpreters are expected to arrive at 9:15.
• University degree as translator/interpreter of English to Bosnian/Croatian/ Montenegrin/Serbian (BCMS) language or relevant experience in translation/interpretation of English to Bosnian/Croatian/Montenegrin/ Serbian (BCMS) and vice-versa;
• Experience in legal interpretation in the source and target language;
• Minimum 10 years of experience as interpreter;
• Previous work experiences in simultaneous translation during conferences/workshops.
The payment, according to the OSCE fee rates, will be 200 Euros per interpreter for one working day.
How to apply
All applications are due by 28 October 2019. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under link https://jobs.osce.org/. The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with modified Terms of Reference or for a different duration. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization. Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.