This is a fixed-term post with the six months’ probation period financed from the Extra Budgetary Project (ExB). The Project duration is until 30 August 2020 with the possibility of extension.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the National Finance Officer, the incumbent performs the following tasks:
1. Works in on-line banking system on a daily basis by: • Enters payment orders in on-line banking system; • Ensures that all required documents are attached and ensuring correctness of banking details, figures and amounts; • Obtains necessary signatures with accordance to bank Signatory Panel in order to process the payment; • Creates application forms for currency conversion transactions based on estimated cash needs; • Contacts suppliers if bank details are incorrect and requesting to provide with valid data.
2. Acts as cash custodian, handles cash disbursements and settles the receipts; records all transactions in the PCU cash books;
3. Records data and transactions in ORACLE on a daily basis:
• Processes payment vouchers against bank transfer transactions in ORACLE; • Processes payment vouchers against cash desk, including creating of Miscellaneous transactions; • Creates Replenishment Invoices for currency conversion transactions, cash withdrawal, cash-in-transits activity and cash replenishments from Treasury Unit in Secretariat based on monthly cash forecasts.
4. Co-operates with the bank on all daily work issues: payment orders, applications for conversion and other required document flow between the PCU and the bank.
5. Arranges an efficient filling system;
6. Replaces other treasury staff during leaves/absence;
7. Performs other related duties as required.
• Completed secondary education supplemented by specialized trainings in the area of accounting, finance and computerized financial systems; • Minimum four years of relevant working experience in the field of finance, • Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft applications. Practical experience with ERP systems (ORACLE or SAP) and electronic banking would be an advantage; • Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, Ukrainian and Russian.
Monthly remuneration subject to social security deductions is EUR 988. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
This position is for residents of Ukraine only. We strongly encourage applicants to use the online application system at https://jobs.osce.org; the Vacancy Number is VNUKRG00564. The deadline for applications is 23 July 2019. If you have difficulties with the online system, please use the Internet Explorer to find the vacancy. Applications received after the published deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Details of the assignment and contract may be further discussed during the interviews.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.