As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Fund Administration Unit, the incumbent is responsible for the review of payment vouchers and the daily administration of Treasury disbursements, handles daily cash and bank management activities at the PCUz and provides a range of finance and administrative support to the office.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Fund Administration Unit, the incumbent performs the following duties:
1. Treasury Disbursements
• Enters payment orders in on-line banking system; ensures that all required documents are attached and ensures correctness of banking details, figures and amounts; obtains necessary signature in accordance with bank Signatory Panel in order to process the bank payment;
• Contracts suppliers if bank details are incorrect and requesting valid data;
• Creates application forms for currency conversion transactions based on estimated cash needs;
• Co-operates with the bank on all daily work issues; payment orders, applications for conversion/cash replenishment and other required document flow between PCUz and the bank;
• Acts as a cash custodian, handles cash disbursements and settles the receipts; records all transactions in the PCUz cash books;
• Process daily cash count activities;
• Creates application forms for cash replenishment transactions based on cash forecasts.
2. Cash and Bank Management in ORACLE
• Processes payment vouchers against bank transfer transactions in ORACLE, including creation of Miscellaneous transactions;
• Process payment vouchers against cash desk, including creation of Miscellaneous transactions;
• Reconciliation of some accounts, closure of monthly bank statements (cash, bank);
• Creates Replenishment Invoices for currency conversion transactions, cash withdrawal, and cash in transits activity and cash replenishments from Treasury Unit in Secretariat based on monthly cash forecasts.
3. General Administration
• Requests visa for delegations visiting Uzbekistan and arranges entry visas to other countries for PCUz's employees and local partners to participate in the OSCE events outside the country. Arranges entry visas to Uzbekistan and registration for the dependents of the Officers and Guests.
• Responsible for ensuring that travel arrangement for the Fund Administration Unit (official travel, travel for training etc.) are properly and economically carried out, does airline booking arrangements, prepares Official Travel Authorization forms;
• Requests all travel related transactions for the office (placing Purchase Order) in ORACLE;
• Responsible for receiving tender application packages (by e-mail and in hand) and registering submission details:
• Arranges an efficient filing system, upload necessary office documents into Doc.In.
4. Replaces other FAU staff during leaves/ absence;
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Completed secondary education supplemented by specialized trainings in the area of accounting, finance and computerized financial system;
• A minimum of 4 years relevant working experience in the field of finance;
• Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft packages and if possible ERP systems.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in Uzbek, English and Russian languages
• Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds.
Appointment is normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE’s online application link found under by 1 December 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. The position is open for the Uzbekistan citizens only. No consideration will be given to the late applications.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.