* Employment is subject to the approval of 2020 UB Post Table
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the National Procurement Officer, the incumbent will be performing the following functions:
- Ensuring fulfillment of OSCE Mission in Kosovo (OMiK) official travel requirements, through sound planning and operating an effective system to identify, assess and select the most convenient flights by;
- Verifying completeness of Request Approval and Tracking System (RATS) for Official Travel Authorizations (OTAs) for Mission Members (MMs) scheduled to travel on official business, processing the OTAs and ensuring that tickets are made available accordingly;
- Ensuring the cost effectiveness of the tickets purchased by selecting the most direct route to the destination;
- Reviewing Travel requests to check whether they are complete and in compliance with Financial Administrative Instruction (FAI) 09 – OSCE Official Travel Management and Staff Instruction No. 16/2004/Rev.1 - Official Entitlements Travel;
- Verifying and certifying invoices for air tickets purchased for official travels; inputting Purchase Requests (PRs) into Oracle (IRMA) and submitting invoices to Contracts/Procurement Officer for authorization of payment;
- Approving excess luggage transported by commercial flights during appointment or repatriation travel; arranging for local service providers to facilitate the packing and shipping; arranging for insurance coverage of accompanied and unaccompanied baggage;
- Advising MMs and assisting in solving problems occurring in the context of cancelled or missed flights, ensuring rebooking of passengers. Following up on in-flight and auxiliary arrangements requested for incapacitated passengers, need for escort, wheelchair, stretcher or ambulance as required;
- Supporting Procurement and Contractual Services Section in Reviewing signed Purchase Requisitions (including specifications and justification for request) in the Oracle ERP database. Assessing completeness and correctness of Purchase Requisitions and obtaining additional information from the Requestor, where required;
- Responsible for processing and/or supervising the processing of official visa applications for OMIK staff and facilitates visa issuing for other (programmatic) reasons;
- Establishing and maintaining contact with embassies, offices or consulates to facilitate the swift issuance of single or multi-entry visas;
- Providing OMIK staff with information concerning specific visa requirements for official and private visas, by using the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Web, Travel Information Manual Automatic (TIMATIC) page as a main tool. Ensuring that the contract with TIMATIC is maintained;
- Writing Notes Verbal and other visa applications for the signature of the Contracts/Procurement Officer; assisting in processing of visa applications. Ensuring that all International Mission members have valid mandatory visas, by maintaining a visa requirement (and expiry) database for all International Mission Members;
- Responsible for scheduling the daily workload of the Travel functions; Providing ongoing on-the-job coaching and advice to Mission Members assigned to replace him/her during absence;
- Preparing and submitting reports, statistics and other documentation as required by the Contracts/Procurement Officer;
- Procurement Processes for routine acquisitions of goods and services and issuing of Purchase Orders (POs);
- Performing other related duties as required.
- Completed secondary education. Training in a Business Administration, Travel or another related field is desirable;
- At least four years of relevant experience in travel management is required, including experience in an international organisation or a mission environment;
- Computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft packages and if possible other packages such as ORACLE, knowledge of travel related systems and Internet search engines;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and in one of the local languages;
- Working knowledge of one additional local language is highly desirable;
- Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensibility and ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Holding a valid driving license.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 1054.42 Euro/month. Social benefits will include participation in the OSCE Group Insurance Plan (Health, Life, Accidental Disability and Temporary Incapacity Insurance) and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
How To Apply:
In order to apply for this position you must complete the OSCE's online application form, found under https://jobs.osce.org Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: Recruitment.OMiK@osce.org In line with your qualifications please indicate preference to one or more field of expertise listed above (while using the online application the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language would not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.