A vacancy has arisen in the OSCE Presence in Albania for a Translator/Interpreter (G5), at the Head of Presence Office.
The incumbent will provide translation/interpretation on all topics concerning the Presence’s mandate, including the human dimension, security co-operation, governance in economic and environmental activities, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Translator and Interpreter and with the overall guidance of the Deputy Head of Presence, the incumbent performs the following tasks:
1. Provides translations of technical programmatic, diplomatic and legal documents
2. Provides simultaneous and consecutive interpretation in local language to English and vice versa, at official meetings and conferences;
3. Proofreads and edits written material;
4. When required takes the minutes of meetings for distribution to designated officials;
5. Performs other relevant duties as requested
Qualifications and Skills
• Completed secondary school education;
• Minimum 4 years’ experience in interpretation and translation;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and in the local language;
• Must be an Albanian resident.
• Ability to operate Windows applications, including word processing and e-mail;
• Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds;
• University degree in English language, specialization in translation would be a distinct advantage;
According to the fixed OSCE salary scale, the remuneration is approximately 836.08 EURO, subject to National Social Security deductions. OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation.Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
All applications are due by 08 November 2018. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/.
Should you have any question, kindly send an message to : firstname.lastname@example.org.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.