Location: Astana, Kazakhstan, the National Centre for Human Rights (Ombudsman’s office), Orynbor St. 15.
Background: Within the framework of its activities related to the capacity building of the National Human Rights Institutions and strengthening the National Preventive Mechanism against Torture (NPM) at the domestic level, the OSCE Programme Office in Astana is looking for highly-motivated professionals for the position of temporary consultant to the National Commissioner for Human Rights (Ombudsman), responsible technical support, coordination and monitoring on the NPM implementation
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Reviews the reports from NPM regional groups on preventive visits;
- Compiles the monthly data on the results of preventive visits from NPM regional groups, including analytical summary and recommendations;
- Analyses of media content and prepares media advisory related to NPM activities;
- Assists in organizing the meetings of the NPM Coordination Council under the Ombudsman, prepares the minutes and background materials for relevant discussions;
- Assists in organizing the conferences, roundtables, training seminars and other events related to NPM activities;
- Liaises with the participants of NPM regional groups, members of the NPM Coordination Council, representatives of state bodies in relation to NPM activities;
- Provides general technical support to the Ombudsman’s activities in relation to the practical implementation of NPM tasks.
- University Degree in law, social science, political science, international relations or in relevant field;
- Knowledge of major international human rights standards and regulations and national legislation related to prevention of torture;
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience in program/project planning, analysis and implementation with preferable experience in handling public appeals and interaction with civil society and the public authorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Kazakh and Russian languages. English language is preferred.
- Computer literate with practical experience of Windows and Microsoft applications, electronic data bases of legislation.
- Teamwork skills.
- Special service agreement up to 120 working days without extension
- Full-time working-day
Monthly remuneration is 150 000 KZT without social package. It’s the responsibility of consultant to pay the taxes and other compulsory payments.
How to Apply
Please note that the vacancy is open only amongst nationals of Kazakhstan.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org and please additionally send your CV and cover letter to the e-mail address email@example.com. Deadline for all applications is 18 March 2018. Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.