Skip to main content
As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
Under the supervision of the National Deputy Spokesperson, the incumbent will be performing the following:
1. Maintaining the Mission’s social media channels
- Developing effective content plan for social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube) and implement it;
- Identifying and suggesting new and innovative ways to promote the Mission via these channels;
- Monitoring and analyzing the performance of social media and drafting monthly Visibility Report on trends for Mission management;
- Supporting office colleagues in various media, public relations and outreach activities.
2. Creating dynamic written, graphic, and photo/video content
- Writing texts/stories for social media postings;
- Taking photos/footage in events to produce short slideshows and/or video clips, edit them for external use, ensuring adherence to quality standards and conformity of appearance;
- Developing dynamic and creative multimedia content, such as infographics, short videos / teasers, and other visuals;
- Help drafting / editing / translating / proofreading public information products, such as leaflets, posters, brochures and factsheets for publication on social media.
3. Updating the Mission’s website and Intranet page
- Acting as Mission’s web/social media focal point with Online Communications in the OSCE Secretariat;
- Maintaining and keeping up to date content and structure of the Mission’s website and Intranet page;
- Co-ordinating with the Departments the update of their activity pages, creation of new ones when necessary;
- Uploading content such as texts, photographs, documents, publications, libraries and document collections and multimedia resources.
4. Administrative duties
- Filing and keeping office records and back up files as requested;
- Processing various invoices arising from social media channels’ boosting/sponsoring;
- Assisting with identification and procurement of PR products needed for various Mission activities.
5. Performing other duties as assigned.
- Completed secondary education, supplemented by formal training - in communication, marketing, computer science, and/or social media
- Minimum 4 years of experience working in a Communications environment- preferably for an international organization - with specific knowledge of online content development and demonstrated ability in managing social media
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and local languages
- Computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft applications
- Knowledge of Photoshop and basic video editing would be an advantage
- Ability to work with people of all communities and a variety of nationalities with impartiality and sensitivity
- Demonstrates gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 1,054.42 Euro/month. Social benefits will include participation in the OSCE group medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
How to apply:
In order to apply for this position you must complete the OSCE's online application form, found under https://jobs.osce.org. Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: Recruitment.OMiK@osce.org. In line with your qualifications please indicate preference to one or more field of expertise listed above (while using the online application the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language would not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
You can not apply to this vacancy anymore.
Sorry, the application deadline for this vacancy has expired.