This call for applications is open for persons with citizenship of the Republic of Serbia.
The OSCE Mission to Serbia is supporting projects related to minority integration into public life and state institutions. With respect to the Albanian community in southern Serbia, it has been concluded that a significant obstacle for young Albanians to complete higher education in Serbia and to be employed in state institutions or in the private sector is their insufficient knowledge of the Serbian language. The Mission is therefore looking for a Serbian language teacher to provide supplementary instruction in Serbian to the ethnic Albanian students at the Bujanovac Department of the Faculty of Economics in Subotica.
Tasks and Responsibilites
The Serbian language teacher will deliver a Serbian language course for a group of up to 20 students of the Bujanovac Department of the Faculty of Economics in Subotica, as follows: four hours of instruction per week (two days per week), in total 16 classes per month of 1-hour duration each, for the duration of twelve weeks. In particular, he/she is expected to conduct the following tasks:
- Organize and deliver a total of 1-hour 48 classes in the period of 12 weeks;
- Plan lessons and teaching materials;
- Mark and assess students’ work;
- Provide feedback to students on their progress and challenges;
- Keep regular attendance records;
- Collaborate with the teaching and administrative staff of the Bujanovac Department of the Faculty of Economics.
- Citizenship of the Republic of Serbia;
- University degree in Serbian language and literature or similar;
- Previous teaching experience;
- Previous experience teaching Serbian to non-native speakers would be an asset;
- Familiarity with the societal and cultural environment in municipalities of southern Serbia;
- Knowledge of Albanian language would be an asset;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, as well as the ability to integrate gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Computer literature with practical experience in Microsoft package;
- Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions or cultural backgrounds and diverse views while maintaining impartiality and objectivity.
Candidates are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the OSCE core values and competencies by studying the OSCE Competency Model available at: https://www.osce.org/employment/144466.
- Commitment: Actively contributes to achieving organizational goals
- Diversity: Respects others and values their diverse perspectives and contributions
- Integrity: Acts in a manner consistent with the Organization’s core values and organizational principles
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for own action and delegated work
- Communication: Actively works to achieve clear and transparent communication with colleagues and with stakeholders of the Organization
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others on common goals and fosters a positive, trust-based working environment
- Planning: Works towards the achievement of goals in a structured and measured manner
- Analysis and decision-making: Analyses available information, draws well-founded conclusions and takes appropriate decisions
- Initiative-taking: Proposes and initiates new ideas, activities and projects
- Flexibility: Responds positively and effectively to changing circumstances
Managerial competencies (for positions with managerial responsibilities)
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, builds trust and creates an enabling environment
- Strategic thinking: Identifies goals that advance the organizational agenda and develops plans for achieving them
- Managing performance: Helps to maximize team performance by providing active feedback and skill development opportunities
The teacher will be employed from 26 March 2018 to 15 June 2018 and will be remunerated at the rate of 30,000 RSD per month, each month consisting of 4 weeks.
Please apply online through this website (https://jobs.osce.org) no later than 13 March 2018. Only applications received through this website will be considered; applications received by email, post etc. will not be accepted.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Candidates who have not been contacted by 23 March 2018 should consider there will be no follow up to their application.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, cancel the recruitment, offer a consultancy at a different level or with modified terms of reference or for a different duration.