A vacancy has arisen in the OSCE Presence in Albania for a Senior Translator/Interpreter (G6), within the Head of Presence Department.
The incumbent will provide translation/interpretation on all topics within the Presence’s mandate, and will co-ordinate the work and manage the staff of the small team of Translator/Interpreters.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Deputy Head of Presence, the Senior Translator/Interpreter is responsible for contributing to and maintaining the functioning and performance of the Translator/ Interpreter team in the Presence, and in particular:
1. Provides translations of diverse, often voluminous and often technical written material, covering the full range of Presence activities and interests;
2. Provides simultaneous and consecutive interpretation from Albanian to English and vice versa, at official meetings and conferences, often including interpretation for the Ambassador in top-level meetings and events;
3. Co-ordinates and ensures the delivery of all translation and interpretation done by the team; proof-reads and edits material as necessary to guarantee quality;
4. Serves as first supervisor for the other team members;
5. Performs other duties as requested, in support of the smooth functioning of the Head of Presence Department and the mission.
• Completed secondary school education with formal studies of the English language;
• Minimum 6 years’ experience in interpretation and translation;
• Ability to operate Windows applications, including word processing and e-mail;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and in Albanian;
• Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds;
• Must be an Albanian resident.
• University degree in English language would be desirable, with specialization in translation a distinct advantage;
• Some experience of managing others.
According to the fixed OSCE salary scale, the remuneration is approximately 926.92 EURO, subject to National Social Security deductions. OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3, subject to specific conditions.
All applications are due by 24 April 2018. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.