This post is financed from the Extra Budgetary Project (ExB) “Supporting the State Fiscal Service / State Customs Service of Ukraine in preventing and combating illicit trafficking of weapons, ammunition and explosives”. The post duration is until 31 December 2022 with the six months’ probation period.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the National Project Officer, Senior Training Assistant performs the following tasks:
Training Analysis and Design:
• provides consultations and contributes to identification of performance gaps and training requirements in support of training concept and specification development (including performance objectives) as well as planning and development of SALW control / Border Security and Management (BSM) and related training courses, i.e. initial training product (course syllabus) in line with specified standard & Standard Operation Procedure (SOP);
• provides advice and contributes to the process of subject matter experts – individually and/or via working groups – engaged to support the Project’s SALW control / BSM and related training courses in refining performance objectives, task statements and enabling/learning objectives, target audience and defining learners characteristics, instructional analysis and strategies / methodologies, contribute to preparations of assessment plans.
• contributes to production and improvement of instructional materials including student manuals and handouts, instructors’ packages with programme of instruction /master lessons plans in line with specified standard & SOP. This includes co-ordinating the instructional materials translation of in all relevant languages and monitoring the quality of the work;
• contributes to the process of production of assessment instruments and administrative instruction for their use;
• supports development of the optimal schedule / timetable of SALW control / BSM and related training courses that takes into consideration the following factors: progression, variety, tempo, efficiency and flexibility;
• supports liaison with and preparations of instructional staff, including mentors and monitors, by confirmation of the subject matter expertise, distribution of theoretical and practical lessons among instructors, co-ordination of work of instructors and mentors etc.;
• supports co-ordination of the trails of SALW control / BSM and related training courses to include the reviews of instructional materials, individual and small-group try-outs and field trials of specific lessons within the course.
• supports the course preparation and co-ordinates the process to ensure provision of course supplies and distribution of instructions and pre-course materials; scheduling and co-ordinating course support (e.g. transportation, training aids, consumable materials, training facilities and sites preparations); finalizing the course schedule / timetable including the sequence of events, instructor assignment and programme instruction monitoring etc.;
• contributes to delivery of theoretical and practical lessons as well as overseeing the work of other instructors and mentors on SALW control / BSM and related training courses and other programmatic events;
• administers students registration and feedback forms as well as the final discussion with the graduates and instructors including the production of the course’s after action report (AAR).
Training Evaluation and Capacity Building Support:
• contributes to the internal formalized process of post course review that includes the analysis of student test results, instructor observations, course monitoring observations, student feedback and AAR in order to improve the training product and solutions;
• supports the process of improvement, maintenance, implementation and review of training policies, procedures and processes with regards to SALW control / BSM and related training courses in line with systems approach to training as well as adhering to relevant international and national standards, and best practices;
• supports and maintains the Project’s training programme library and other resources (including acquisitions of books, video-tapes, and other resources);
• advises to the host country(ies), in particular the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine, on training systems in the field of SALW control / BSM and related training courses.
Other duties as required.
• completed secondary education, supplemented by formal training in training of adults and/or specific specializations in SALW control / border security and management / law enforcement;
• minimum six years of working experience in training of adults. Work experience with the international organizations dealing with SALW control / BSM be an asset;
• excellent oral and written communication skills in English, Ukrainian and Russian;
• computer literacy, with practical Microsoft applications experience.
Monthly remuneration subject to social security deductions is EUR 1176. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
This position is for residents of Ukraine only. We strongly encourage applicants to use the online application system at https://jobs.osce.org; the Vacancy Number is VNUKRC00597. The deadline for applications is 15 March 2020. If you have difficulties with the online system, please use the Internet Explorer to find the vacancy. Applications received after the published deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Details of the assignment and contract may be further discussed during the interviews.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.