||The incumbent works under the direct supervision of the Head of Mission (HoM) and Deputy Head of Mission (DHoM) and in close cooperation with international Mission Members and other national staff members. The incumbent provides to the HoM and DHoM, as well as partly to other international Mission Members secretarial, clerical and translation services, as well as administrative and other support for his/her activities, operations, meetings, briefings, seminars, conferences and other events.
Under the direct supervision of the HoM or DHoM provides the following services:
- Maintains the personal schedule of and makes appointments for the HoM or DHoM;
- Arranges meetings and workshops chaired by the HoM or DHoM, notifying participants about the date and time and if required, provides participants with background information on the subject matter; also participates in the organization and preparation of visitor or staff meetings, books conference or meeting facilities, sets up conference rooms, provides background materials, accompanies visiting teams when required; Liaises with external counterparts to exchange or obtain information, to set up meetings or to ensure the flow of documents;
- Responsible for the process management of the paper flow of the Office, collecting, booking in, copying, distribution, filing of documents including policy, confidential and general correspondence; Also follows up, on behalf of supervisor on the implementation of the work of other units or execution of instructions given;
- Filters and receives visitors, places and screens phone calls and answers queries with discretion;
- Receives, screens, logs and routes correspondence, attaches necessary background information and maintains a follow up system;
- Drafts on own initiative or under instructions correspondence, documents and reports, some of which are highly confidential; Checks outgoing correspondence for accuracy, conformity with overall policy or specific instructions prior to presentation to the HoM or DHoM’s signature;
- Maintains lists of names, addresses and telephone numbers of Government officials, local media representatives and of Senior Officials in International Organizations, NGO’s and Liaison Offices;
- Makes travel arrangements for the HOM or DHOM for official travels, prepares Official Travel Authorizations, ensures that visas, vaccination certificates etc.. are in order and complete the all the necessary forms. Also prepares Leave Requests and deals with requests for official representation for the HoM or DHOM Office;
- Organizes VIP visits, drafts and arranges the programs of the visits, co-ordinates with all parties involved (Departmental representatives, security, transport) in a manner suitable and optimal for all parties;
- Whenever required books hotel rooms/arranges accommodation, arranges official dinners/lunches/official receptions and makes all necessary bookings;
- Participates in the organization and preparation of visitor or staff meetings, books conference or meeting facilities, sets up conference rooms, provides background materials, accompanies visiting teams when required; Liaises with external counterparts to exchange or obtain information, to set up meetings or to ensure the flow of documents;
- Distributes, coordinates the work, briefs or trains junior/newly appointed office staff;
- Performs other duties as required.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission to Moldova, please see https://www.osce.org/mission-to-moldova
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment.
Please note that CVs and other applications submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form will not be reviewed. Applications received after the deadline, submitted without reference to the vacancy number or in other languages than the English language would not be considered. The OSCE retains the discretion to readvertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds. Only those applicants who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.