Two vacancies have arisen in the OSCE Presence in Albania for Senior Secretaries (G5) at the Head of Presence Office.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Secretaries are responsible for providing all organizational and administrative support for the Head of Presence (HoP) and the Deputy Head of Presence (DHOP), managing the arrangements for their daily work, helping to co-ordinate high-level diplomatic events and visits, and in general supporting the smooth running of the mission and the implementation of its mandate. The Senior Secretary's role includes:
- managing the personal schedule of the HoP / DHOP ;
- arranging and co-ordinating meetings, high-level visits, and public events for the HoP/ DHOP and contributing to the management of large, high-profile diplomatic events including conferences and receptions;
- co-ordinating and liaising with counterparts in the offices of senior Albanian public officials and senior diplomats in Albania;
- fulfilling all necessary administrative procedures to enable the HoP/ DHOP to fulfil his role, including making travel and other personal arrangements;
- acting as a central point of co-ordination in the OSCE Presence to ensure effective briefing, decision-making and implementation of decisions;
- representing the HoP/ DHOP in internal meetings as required;
- maintaining the proper flow of documents and information into and out of the front office of the mission, and ensuring proper record-keeping;
- providing administrative support to project implementation when necessary;
- drafting and editing correspondence for the HoP/ DHOP;
- protecting the integrity and confidentiality of sensitive elements of information and business;
- receiving high-level visitors and being the first point of contact for diplomatic and political interlocutors
Qualifications and Skills
• Secondary education supplemented by secretarial, commercial or other relevant training.
• Minimum 4 years of office work experience preferably with an international environment;
• Computer literate with practical experience with Windows applications and other office software packages;
• Very good organizational skills, attention to details.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and in local language. Another OSCE language would be an asset.
• Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds;
• Pleasant personality and good interpersonal skills.
• Must be an Albanian resident
According to the fixed OSCE salary scale, the remuneration is approximately 836 EURO, subject to National Social Security deductions. OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation.Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3, subject to specific conditions.
All applications are due by 07 June 2018. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.