Economic, Environmental and Politico-Military Program (EEPM)
This post is financed from the Extra Budgetary Project (ExB) “In support of strengthening biological safety and security in Ukraine in line with the implementation of UN Security Council Resolution 1540 (2004) on non-proliferation of weapons of mass destruction and their means of delivery”. The post duration is until 31 May 2023 with the six months’ probation period. The post extension is subject to availability of funds.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the National Project Officer, the incumbent is expected to perform the following duties:
1. Assist the National Project Officer in the implementation of projects in the biological safety and security domain, in particular:
• provide input on the prioritization of the OSCE PCU projects’ portfolio in the biological safety and security domain and draft conceptual outlines of potential projects;
• draft project proposals in the sphere of biological safety and security;
• plan, organize and coordinate, attend and participate in specific activities such as seminars, roundtables, workshops, conferences, study trips and training events in the framework of multiple existing projects;
• communicate with Government, international entities’ and NGO counterparts on a regular basis to ensure smooth implementation of projects activities;
• plan and conduct meetings with NGOs, local authorities, and other international organizations if requested.
2. Undertake analysis of the project implementation and report on the project implementation status, in particular:
• monitor implementation of projects’ activities and provide the National Project Officer with project implementation progress reports and recommendations/conclusions;
• draft project-related reports, including narrative and financial reports;
• assist project implementation partners to achieve the planned results by providing general guidance and advice;
• maintain and update as required project files.
3. Liaise with representatives of international entities in Ukraine, Ukrainian governmental institutions and NGOs, international and local experts as well as OSCE institutions, in particular:
• participate in the coordination meetings of international funding institutions on priority areas in the biological safety and security sphere;
• participate in the working group meetings of Ukrainian governmental partners to generate project ideas within the OSCE PCU mandate that are related to biological safety and security.
4. Raise Procurement Requests in IRMA, monitor the projects’ implementation rates and spending patterns, and provide recommendations to improve financial planning and monitoring.
5. Other duties as assigned.
• Completed secondary education, supplemented by formal training in Natural and/or Social Sciences
• Minimum 6 years of working experience in project management, preferably in international organisations
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, Ukrainian and Russian
• Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft applications
Remuneration Package Monthly remuneration subject to social security deductions is EUR 1225. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
This position is open for residents of Ukraine only. We strongly encourage applicants to use the online application system at https://jobs.osce.org; the Vacancy Number is VNUKRG00632. The deadline for application is 20 December 2020. If you have difficulties with the online system, please use the Internet Explorer to find the vacancy. Applications received after the published deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Details of the assignment and contract may be further discussed during the interviews.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.