This post is financed from the Extra Budgetary “Strengthening Ukrainian Media Self-Regulation” project within the Good Governance and Democratization Programme. The post duration is until December 2021.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the National Project Officer and the secondary supervision of the Senior Project Officer, the incumbent performs the following duties:
1. Assists in managing projects
• Performs analysis and provides input for formulation of project ideas in the sphere of media freedom and development; drafts conceptual outlines of potential projects and project proposals; participates in the working group meetings of Ukrainian governmental partners to generate project ideas within the OSCE Project Co-ordinator in Ukraine (OSCE PCU);
• Under the supervision of the National Project Officer plans, organizes and co-ordinates, attends and participates in specific activities such as seminars, roundtables, workshops, conferences, study trips and training events in the framework of multiple existing projects;
• Provides programmatic, logistical, financial, procurement and human resources support;
• Undertakes analysis of the project implementation and reports on the project implementation status, in particular; monitors implementation of projects’ activities and provides the National Project Officer with project implementation progress reports and recommendations/conclusions;
• Co-ordinates practical participation of project partners and stakeholders in the projects in the area of media development; performs monitoring and evaluation of project efforts, ensuring timely implementation of planned activities; proposes changes to strategy of project implementation, if needed;
• Assists in management of implementing partners, suppliers, special service agreements. Assists in the preparation of terms of references, selection of service and goods providers, and in the verification of financial reports;
• Liaises and maintains relations with representations of international entities in Ukraine, Ukrainian governmental institutions and NGOs, international and local experts; provides translation and interpretation services; participates in the co-ordination meetings of international funding institutions on priority areas in the sphere of media freedom and development;
• Co-ordinates efforts and plans with representatives of other OSCE institutions;
• In support of activities, drafts letters of invitation, participant lists, agendas and other materials; communicates with participants and speakers to confirm their participation and responds to their requests; arranges meeting facilities and audio-visual and other equipment.
2. Prepares and maintains documentation for the programme
• Translates documents;
• Maintains files, documents, contact lists, etc.;
• Handles correspondence;
• Drafts project-related reports, including narrative and financial reports.
3. Oversees flow of internal procurement approval
• Raises and updates purchase requests (in IRMA);
• Confirms that services or goods were delivered (in IRMA).
• Completed secondary education supplemented by formal studies in administration, journalism, political or social sciences;
• Minimum six years’ experience in administrative or project work, preferably in an international environment. Experience of work with international organizations in the sphere of media freedom and journalism would be an asset;
• Computer literacy with Microsoft applications practical experience. Oracle/ERP systems working experience would be an asset;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Ukrainian.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is EUR 1,176. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
This position is for residents of Ukraine only. We strongly encourage applicants to use the online application system at https://jobs.osce.org; the Vacancy Number is VNUKRG00587. The deadline for applications is 19 November 2019. If you have difficulties with the online system, please use the Internet Explorer to find the vacancy. Applications received after the published deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Details of the assignment and contract may be further discussed during the interviews.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.