This post is financed from the Extra Budgetary project “Safeguarding Human Rights through Courts”. The initial contract is for one year. The post extension is subject to availability of funds.
Under the direct supervision of the National Programme Manager, the Senior Project Assistant performs the following duties:
• assists the National Programme Manager in implementation of projects in the area of Rule of Law and Human Rights, in particular, the ExB project “Safeguarding Human Rights through Courts” through organizing project events (conferences, workshops, seminars etc.), providing logistical, financial, procurement and human resources support;
• plans, coordinates, attends and participates in project events and activities such as seminars, roundtables, workshops, conferences, study trips and training events in the framework of the project;
• drafts project-related documentation, including narrative, financial and administrative documents as well as project correspondence;
• liaises with representations of international entities in Ukraine, Ukrainian governmental institutions and NGOs, international and local experts; provides translation and interpretation services;
• conducts research on specific issues in the area of Rule of Law and Human Rights upon request;
• provides support in organization of project implementation plan, appointments, meetings, travel and other related activities, translates, proofreads documents, assists in producing project-related materials and publications;
• performs other related duties as assigned.
• completed secondary education supplemented by training in humanities, human rights, social sciences;
• 6 years of relevant working experience, working experience in international organisations would be an advantage;
• excellent skills in drafting correspondence, ensuring that spelling, punctuation and format are correct;
• Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft Packages;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Ukrainian.
Remuneration Package: Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund. Other allowances and benefits are similar to those offered under the United Nations Common System.
This position is open for residents of Ukraine only. Please use the online application system at https://jobs.osce.org; the Vacancy Number is VNUKRG00494. The deadline for applications is 24 December 2017. If you experience difficulties with the online system, please use the Internet Explorer to find the vacancy. Applications received after the published deadline and off line applications will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.