This post is financed from the Unified Budget. The initial contract duration is until 31 December 2021 with the six months’ probation period.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the National Programme Manager, the Senior Project Assistant is expected to perform the following duties:
• Provide substantial input into drafting project proposals;
• Prepare draft project budgets;
• Assist in monitoring project implementation, with an emphasis on overseeing Implementing Partners (IP) and special service agreements (SSA);
• Provide basic analysis of data for project monitoring and evaluation;
• Assist in drafting project reports;
• Assist in the programmatic management of implementing partners (IP), suppliers, and Special Service Agreements. This includes drafting terms of reference, participating in selection, and verifying financial reports, and recommend corrective action where necessary;
• Arrange travel, accommodation, official travel authorizations and travel claims for OSCE and non-OSCE officials;
• Draft letters of invitation, participant lists, agendas and other materials; communicate with participants and speakers to confirm their participation and respond to their requests; arrange meeting facilities and audio-visual and other equipment;
• Compile data for project monitoring and evaluation;
• Translate documents;
• Maintain files, documents, contact lists, etc.;
• Handle correspondence;
• Raise and update purchase requests (in IRMA);
• Confirm that services or goods were delivered (in IRMA);
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Completed secondary education, supplemented by formal training in administration or project management;
• Minimum six years of experience in administrative or project work, preferably in an international environment;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Ukrainian;
• Computer literacy with Microsoft Applications practical experience; IRMA working experience would be an asset;
• Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities.
Monthly remuneration subject to social security deductions is EUR 1225. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
This position is open for residents of Ukraine only. We strongly encourage applicants to use the online application system; the Vacancy Number is VNUKRC00625. The deadline for applications is 27 September 2020. If you have difficulties with the online system, please use the Internet Explorer to find the vacancy. Applications received after the published deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.