This post is financed from the Unified Budget. The initial contract duration is until 31 December 2019 with the six months’ probation period.
Under the direct supervision of the National Programme Manager, the Senior Project Assistant performs the following duties:
- Provides substantial input into drafting project proposals;
- Prepares draft project budgets;
- Assists in monitoring project implementation, with an emphasis on overseeing Implementing Partners (IP) and special service agreements (SSA);
- Provides basic analysis of data for project monitoring and evaluation;
- Assists in drafting project reports;
- Assists in the programmatic management of IP, suppliers, SSAs. This includes drafting terms of reference, participating in selection, and verifying financial reports. Recommends corrective action where necessary;
- Arranges travel, accommodation, official travel authorizations and travel claims for OSCE and non-OSCE officials;
- In support of activities, drafts letters of invitation, participant lists, agendas and other materials; communicates with participants and speakers to confirm their participation and respond to their requests; arranges meeting facilities and audio-visual and other equipment;
- Compiles data for project monitoring and evaluation;
- Translates documents;
- Maintains files, documents, contact lists, etc.;
- Handles correspondence;
- Raises and updates purchase requests (in IRMA);
- Confirms that services or goods were delivered (in IRMA);
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Completed secondary education, supplemented by formal training in administration or project management;
- Minimum six years of experience in administrative or project work, preferably in an international environment;
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely;
- Experience in dealing with national and international partners;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, Ukrainian and Russian;
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Applications practical experience; IRMA working experience would be an asset;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities.
Monthly remuneration subject to social security deductions is EUR 1176. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
This position is for residents of Ukraine only. We strongly encourage applicants to use the online application system at https://jobs.osce.org; the Vacancy Number is VNUKRG00547. The deadline for applications is 28 February 2019. If you have difficulties with the online system, please use the Internet Explorer to find the vacancy. Applications received after the published deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Details of the assignment and contract may be further discussed during the interviews.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.