A vacancy has arisen in the Headquarters of the OSCE Presence in Albania for a Senior Project Assistant (G6), at the Governance, Economic and Environmental Issues Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent will provide programmatic and administrative support related to good governance issues under the supervision of the Senior Governance Adviser;
1. Support and follow the work of the Consultants (SSA or implementing Partners) in conducting research and analysis and in implementing other services that they will provide; conducting desk review, provides reports or advice on major issues pertaining to good governance issues at central and local level;
2. Assists in preparation or draft design of project documents including budget estimates, implementing and monitoring the cost aspect and the completeness of the work done concerning projects designed and planned by the Department, Head of Mission and OCEEA; provides regular feedback on the various stages of implementation of project activities; summarizes evaluation results and submits suggestions for follow-up/improvement at the conclusion of projects;
3. Assists in monitoring national developments relating to government and donors with regard to good governance at central and local level, public participation, anti-corruption and transparency issues included;
4. Assists in preparing, also through own analysis, reports, comments and inputs on environmental and local governance, anti-corruption and good governance issues and other publications developed by the Presence; represents GEEID in external meetings or events organized by OCEEA;
5. Provides/receives technical information to/from the Project Coordination Unit on economic, environmental, anti-corruption, transparency and good governance issues at central and local level;
6. Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
1. Secondary education supplemented by specific studies in public administration, regional development, environmental studies.
2. Minimum 6 years of experience of relevant work in environmental, planning, or public administrative related fields with central or local government units, NGOs, and/or international organizations, supplemented by work experience in project development and management, computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft applications.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and in local languages.
4. Must be an Albanian resident.
According to the fixed OSCE salary scale, the remuneration is approximately 926 EURO, subject to National Social Security deductions.
OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3, subject to specific conditions.
All applications are due by 04 March 2018. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.