As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
A fix term vacancy has arisen in the OSCE Presence in Albania for a Senior Project Assistant (G6), at the Governance, Economic and Environmental Issues Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent will provide programmatic and administrative support related to good governance issues under the supervision of the Head of Department:
- Assists in preparation or draft design of project documents including budget estimates, implementing and monitoring the cost aspect and the completeness of the work done concerning projects designed and planned by the Department; provides regular feedback on the various stages of implementation of project activities; summarizes evaluation results and submits suggestions for follow-up/improvement at the conclusion of projects;
- Follows the work of the consultants and Implementing Partners, making sure that the Terms of Reference are properly implemented, including the submission of the relevant reports;
- Follows up on administrative issues, ensuring that administrative deadlines are met and procedures are followed; Follows up the timely implementation of the projects with the relevant members of the Programme Coordination Unit and Fund Administration Unit; Resolves possible administrative problems;
- Assists in monitoring and reporting national developments relating to government and donors with regard to good governance at central and local level, anti-trafficking in human beings issues, public participation and transparency issues included;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
1. Secondary education supplemented by specific studies/training in project management, public administration, regional development, environmental studies or local governances.
2. Minimum 6 years of experience of relevant work in good governance issues at central and local level, planning, or public administrative related fields with central or local government units, NGOs, and/or international organizations, supplemented by work experience in project development and management, computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft applications.
3. Experience in developing project proposals and drafting narrative and financial project reports;
4. Experience in the practical and logistical organization of training sessions and workshops highly desirable, including travel arrangements, procurement matters;
5. Demonstrated organizational, analytical and administrative skills; previous experience with the International Organization in a programmatic, organizational, analytical and/or administrative capacity would be an asset;
6. Demonstrated research, drafting and reporting skills
7. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and in local languages.
8. Must be an Albanian resident.
9. Ability to work in a multilateral/multicultural team environment and ability to establish and maintain effective work relations with different cultural and national backgrounds.
According to the fixed OSCE salary scale, the remuneration is approximately 941.42 EURO, subject to National Social Security deductions.
OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
All applications are due by 14 February 2019. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/.
Should you have any question on the application, kindly send a message to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.