As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
A vacancy has arisen in the OSCE Presence in Albania for a Senior Project Assistant in the Democratization Department within the four-year extra-budgetary project “Parliament and Civic Education in Albania”, funded by the government of the Swiss Confederation.
Tasks and Responsibility:
The Senior Project Assistant works under the direct supervision of the National Programme Officer/ Parliamentary Support . He/she would be responsible for facilitating everything from procurement of equipment and preparation of the tender materials, to arranging visits from external advisors and study visits as well as managing finances and preparing project financial reports.
I Budgetary analysis and overview:
• Oversee the project budget expenditures and proper budgetary allocations, and prepare financial reports for the Donor.
• Process financial operational transactions for the Project in accordance with the OSCE Common Regulatory Management System (CRMS);
• Process Account Analysis Report; conduct an initial budgetary overview on Project activities’ monthly accounts and present them to PM while preparing financial reports as required by donor based on received documentation;
• Prepare clearance documents for the ExB Project as required;
II Procurement and administrative functions:
• Process Purchase Orders (PO) as required; for signature by authorized person; drafts and dispatches letters of award to successful bidders; issues amendments as required.
• Creates reports and monitors open PRs/POs and sends them to the supervisor.
• Maintains relevant product and suppliers catalogues, monitor local advertisements and identify emerging companies and products, updates vendors database.
• Performs the end of year closing procedure in Oracle or when appropriate for the Project.
• Maintains a structured filing system for the procurement requests, purchase orders contracts and lease agreements for the Project, in line with the Document management guidelines.
• In close collaboration with requestors, prepares drafts and dispatches “Invitations to Tender”; drafts, signs and dispatches “Request for Quotes”.
• In cooperation with technical experts, compares and evaluates bids; includes results in tabulated overview; recommends items to be purchased.
• Prepares documents and participates in negotiations with potential suppliers/vendors.
• Assists in collecting the data for the preparation of the annual procurement plan.
• Providing administrative support on the implementation of the project starting from the initial phase.
• Processes administration and financial evaluation of the tenders and prepares minutes of pre-tender meetings as organized;
• Reviews exception reports and Sole Source Contracts: Indicates and advises the Project Manager on risks associated with the deviations from the CRMS.
• Keeps records of contractors and provides advice to requestors/Project Team.
• Reviews the suppliers’ performances and liaises with programs on feedback from suppliers performances.
• Purchases tickets for the Official and Entitlement travels, coordinates with the Travel Agent regarding the Official Travel Requests, and provides hotel booking for projects staff, experts, visitors and beneficiaries.
• Check the invoices and match if they are according to the travel arrangements.
• Secondary education supplemented by studies in commerce or business administration;
• At least 4 years of experience in procurement, logistics or other related fields, preferably in international organisations
• Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft applications and administrative computer systems (Oracle)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and local language
• Must be Albanian resident
According to the fixed OSCE salary scale, the remuneration is approximately 1015 EURO, subject to National Social Security deductions. OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
All applications are due by 27 August 2019. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/.
Should you have any question on the application, kindly send a message to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.