This is a fixed-term post financed from the Unified Budget.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the National Programme Co-ordinator, Senior Programme Assistant performs the following tasks:
1. Assists in achieving programme objectives and results
- maintains up-to-date information on PCU projects development, approval, implementation, and evaluation status;
- provides substantive input in the review of draft Terms of Reference (e.g., for Implementing partners, consultants / experts, suppliers, etc.) submitted by relevant projects units;
- assists in the management of Implementing partners (IP) selection procedures;
- assists in monitoring projects implementation, with an emphasis on IP engagement;
- gathers and compiles data for project monitoring and evaluation;
- provides basic analysis of data on project monitoring and evaluation;
- participates in internal and external meetings and discussions related to overview and planning of PCU’s programmatic work.
2. Provides support to National Programme Co-ordinator in implementation of PCU’s communication policies
- assists in organization of media coverage of PCU activities;
- organizes publicity events;
- drafts and translates publicity and visibility materials;
- updates the content of the PCU's section of the OSCE web-site; serves as the PCU’s primary technical focal point for the Content Management System (PCU web site maintenance);
- manages the PCU’s stock of visibility materials (including information and promotional materials, banners, flags, etc.).
3. Prepares and maintains documentation for the Project Management Cell
- translates documents;
- maintains physical and electronic filing systems, documents storage, contact lists, etc.;
- uploads and maintains documentation in the Doc.In system to ensure that information is complete, accurate and up-to-date;
- handles correspondence.
4. Oversees flow of internal administrative procedures, including procurement
- raises and updates purchase requisitions (in IRMA);
- assists in managing consultants and service providers / suppliers;
- confirms that services or goods were delivered (in IRMA);
- makes travel arrangements for the PMC staff, as well as relevant OSCE and non-OSCE officials;
- maintains the stock of stationery for the PMC.
- completed secondary education, supplemented by formal training in administration, media / journalism or project management;
- minimum six years’ experience in administrative or project work and communications, preferably in an international environment;
- excellent oral and written communication skills in English, Ukrainian and Russian;
- computer literacy, with practical experience in Microsoft Office Applications; IRMA working experience would be an asset.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is EUR 1,176. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund. Other allowances and benefits are similar to those offered under the United Nations Common System.
This position is for residents of Ukraine only. We strongly encourage applicants to use the online application system at https://jobs.osce.org; the Vacancy Number is VNUKRG00555. The deadline for applications is 12 May 2019. If you have difficulties with the online system, please use the Internet Explorer to find the vacancy. Applications received after the published deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Details of the assignment and contract may be further discussed during the interviews.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.