The incumbent has a particular focus on combatting trafficking in human beings and addressing migration activities and under the supervision of the National Anti-Trafficking Officer and Head of the HDD, will perform the following duties:
- Collecting, registering, reporting and maintaining information on project activities by reviewing reports and establishing and maintaining liaison with partners for implementation, following up on all aspects of specific HDD, including project formulation and provision of functional support to project implementation; in coordination with partners for implementation assessing program implementation and other related issues; report regularly to the immediate supervisor, prepare various written outputs, draft background and briefing papers;
- Monitoring and reporting on human rights, trafficking in human beings, freedom of movement and migration-related legislation and developments, particularly at the national and local levels, using various sources of information such as: official documents, newswires and mass media, reports by NGOs and other experts, reports by other international organizations and diplomatic missions, other sources;
- Drafting, preparing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating projects, budgets, financial and narrative reports related to the human rights trafficking in human beings, freedom of movement and migration activities of the OSCE Programme Office in Bishkek (POiB). Assisting in the identification of national and international experts and other partners; arranging the logistical aspects related to the organization of events. Provide interpretation and translation when required/ Maintaining the relevant documentation and filing system;
- Contributing to briefing, training and other reports related to the mission’s activities(Spot Reports, Background Reports, periodical Activity Reports, other reports asassigned), as well as talking points and speeches for the Head of POiB, Deputy Head of POiB, Head of the HDD, RoL Officer, National Anti-Trafficking Officer, and other officers of the POiB upon request. Drafting press releases and other public relations material related to the work of the Human Department. Attending seminars/roundtablesand other events organized by state institutions, NGOs and other partner organizations,and preparing relevant memos to keep the office informed;
- Maintaining regular correspondence and working relations with state institutions (inparticular State Migration Service, Parliament, National Human Rights Institutions, the judiciary, the central and local governments, law enforcement bodies and the other relevant ministries), international and national non-governmental organizations, human rights defenders, and other diplomatic missions. Arranges meetings for National Anti-Trafficking Officer, and/or Human Dimension Department (HDD) with officials, representatives of the international organizations and NGOs;
- Assisting and maintaining regular working relations with OSCE institutions (Secretariat, Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights/ODIHR, CTHB etc.) in the implementation of human rights and trafficking in human beings and migration activities and/or inquiries related to Kyrgyzstan and during country visits by delegations;
- Accompanying the National Anti-Trafficking Officer, and/or Human Dimension Department (HDD) and/or other relevant HDD staff on regular field visits and participate fully in subsequent discussions and decision-making follow up action as/when required. Preparing drafts and notes for National Anti-Trafficking Officer and/or the Head of HDD on specific issues and topics as/when requested;
- Performs other related duties on cross-dimensional issues;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Programme Office in Bishkek, please see: https://www.osce.org/programme-office-in-bishkek.
- Secondary education with a focus on law, political science, and/or the humanities supplemented by formal training in law, social sciences, with a possible specialization in human rights and rule of law;
- Minimum 6 years of work experience in the field of human rights and fundamental freedoms, particularly in monitoring, drafting reports and managing projects,preferably at international organizations, diplomatic missions and/or international non-governmental organizations with a focus on THB, freedom of movement or migration. Knowledge of the international and regional human rights systems (UN and OSCE in particular), and the domestic legal system and state institutions of Kyrgyzstan, particularly related to human rights;
- Computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft packages;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, Russian and local languages.
|If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/vacancies/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration. Please note that the vacancy is open for competition only amongst individuals with actual citizenship of the Kyrgyz Republic.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization. Please note that in the event of invitation for interview/test, the OSCE is unable to reimburse costs incurred.