This post is financed from the Extra Budgetary Project (ExB) “Enhancing State Border Guard Service of Ukraine capabilities in combating illicit trafficking of weapons, ammunition and explosives on and across the state border of Ukraine”. The post duration is until 31 December 2022 with the six months’ probation period.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the National Procurement Officer, Senior Procurement Assistant performs the following tasks:
• Assists in and contributes to planning and managing of procurement and contractual aspects related to procurement of diverse goods and services in accordance with the OSCE procurement rules and procedures.
• Performs procurement of goods, services and works required by the Mission, ensuring its compliance with related OSCE regulations and executes relevant transactions in Oracle. Regularly creates and makes final closure of Purchase Orders (POs).
• Identifies potential suppliers and verifies their reliability in accordance with OSCE standards. Continuously maintains the OSCE Vendor Registration Database ensuring that all entries are properly documented, filed and kept.
• Regularly liaises with current and potential suppliers in regards to various issues: delivery terms for goods and services; warranty issues; price schedules and terms of payment; acceptance and signing of POs.
• Obtains price offers from contractors and places POs for goods and services within existing Local Window Contracts. Places Blanket Releases for purchasing of goods within established Corporate Window Contracts; handles Informal Price Solicitation procedures: obtains competitive quotations from vendors; makes analysis and price comparison of the offers; makes necessary records and documentation to properly keep procurement files.
• Conducts Requests for Quotation (RFQ) procedures: prepares and issues Request for Quotation Forms and other related documents; makes administrative examination and financial evaluations of the obtained competitive quotations.
• Participates in market comparative analysis; participates in the analysis of the responses to determine lowest and best supplier. Assists in preparation of “Invitation to Bid”, “Request for Proposal” and “Prequalification Notice”, prepares “Notices of Award/Rejection”, assists in and contributes to the evaluation of bids/proposals and preparation of the “Evaluation Report”.
• Assists in preparation of other procurement related documents including, but not limited to: Sole-Source Contracting forms, Contractor Performance Evaluation Forms, clarification notes.
• Drafts contracts/agreements with vendors after careful and extensive preparatory work.
• Provides regular consultation to programmatic staff on procurement related issues to ensure that all actions have been taken in accordance with the OSCE rules and regulations.
• Maintains procurement files and records/procurement archives.
• Performs other duties as required by the first and second level supervisors.
• Completed secondary education; additional courses or training in law, business administration, material management, logistic management or related field.
• Minimum 6 years of working experience in the field of procurement or in other related areas, part of which should preferably have been in an international environment. Prior work experience should include procurement activities. Prior experience in the use of ORACLE would be an asset.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Ukrainian.
• Computer literacy, with practical Microsoft applications experience.
Annual remuneration subject to social security deductions is EUR 14,700. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
This position is for residents of Ukraine only. We strongly encourage applicants to use the online application system at https://jobs.osce.org; the Vacancy Number is VNUKRG00673. The deadline for applications is 06 June 2021. If you have difficulties with the online system, please use the Internet Explorer to find the vacancy. Applications received after the published deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Details of the assignment and contract may be further discussed during the interviews.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.