As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
|General Minimum Requirements|
The general minimum requirements for working with the OSCE are:
|Field of Expertise Requirements|
The general minimum requirements for working in this field of expertise are:
|Level of Professional Competence Requirements|
Furthermore, this level of responsibility requires the following:
Second-level university degree in international studies, public policy, political science or law or related fields. A first-level university degree in combination with two years of additional qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the second-level university degree.
Minimum 6 years of relevant, diversified and progressively responsible professional experience including at least 3 years at the management level relevant to the actual position.
|Mission Specific Requirements|
Additionally, this particular post has specific requirements:
|For more detailed information on the work of the OSCE Mission to Skopje, please see www.osce.org/skopje|
|Tasks and Responsibilities|
Under the direct supervision of Head of Mission (HoM) and Deputy Head of Mission (DHoM), the Senior Policy and Planning Officer is responsible for:
1. Supporting and advising the Head of Mission (HoM), Deputy Head of Mission (DHoM) and other Senior Management on decision-making and policy and planning issues;
2. Providing recommendations to HoM, DHoM and other Senior Management on progress in the implementation of the Mission's mandate, objectives and desired outcomes;
3. Co-ordinating and providing input for the preparatory work of the Budgetary cycle programmatic documents Programme Budget Performance Report, Programme Outline and Unified Budget;
4. Ensuring, in close co-operation with the Programme Managers (Heads of Department) that Departmental outcomes and outputs are timely, quality-checked, focused and value-added vis--vis Mission objectives and strategy;
5. Supporting HoM in co-ordinating the Mission's relations with the Host Country's Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) and with other institutions and authorities as appropriate;
6. Preparing and reviewing background documents, briefings, talking points and travel packages for HoM on behalf of the Office of the HoM;
7. Formulating, collating and/or providing relevant materials for HoMs official presentations of the Missions activities including those at high-level meetings. Upon request, accompanying HoM to meetings to provide assistance on programmatic or policy/ planning issues;
8. Supporting Senior Management in developing management and organisational measures with the objective of systematically improving the productivity, efficiency and efficacy of the Mission;
9. Co-ordinating regular exchange with relevant Mission departments and functions for optimised co-ordination and synergy and monitoring the progress of programme implementation and budget usage;
10. Serving as the Missions Focal point with the Programming Evaluation Support Unit and the Policy Support Officer within the Secretariats Conflict Prevention Centre; liaising with representatives of the OSCE participating States and other international actors;
11. Providing strategic guidance and overall co-ordination to the Missions Extra Budgetary Projects;
12. Supervising the National Project Co-ordination Officer in the Office of the HoM;
13. Performing other duties as assigned by HoM or DHoM.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds. Please note that nationals or permanent residents of the country of the duty station are not eligible to apply.
Candidates should, prior to applying, verify with their respective nominating authority to which extent financial remuneration and/or benefit packages will be offered.
Please apply to your relevant authorities several days prior to the deadline expiration to ensure timely processing of your application. Delayed nominations will not be considered.