This call for applications is open for persons with the citizenship of one of the OSCE participating States, excluding sole citizenship of the Republic of Serbia.
The OSCE Mission to Serbia's Police Affairs Department is looking for a temporary Senior Organized Crime Adviser, who would be employed on a short-term contract for a period ending on 22 January 2018.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Head of the Police Affairs Department, the Senior Organized Crime Adviser performs the following duties:
- Provides advice and assistance to the Ministry of Interior of the Republic of Serbia and to other relevant national interlocutors on the implementation of the national strategies to deal with organized crime, corruption and terrorism;
- Identifies and assesses areas of needs, including capacity-building and specialist assistance in the area of fight against smuggling and trafficking of human beings, including migrants;
- Drafts full project proposals and legal analyses upon request of the Head of Department;
- Liaises with international organizations and civil society organizations to ensure a co-ordinated approach to the provision of assistance to the host country in the relevant area;
- Ensures that accountability aspects and human rights norms are included in the advice and assistance provided by the Department;
- Supervises all projects and staff of the Department's Organized Crime Unit;
- Performs other duties as required.
- Citizenship of one of the OSCE participating States, excluding sole citizenship of the Republic of Serbia;
- University degree in law or significant work experience in criminal justice and/or law enforcement;
- Experience in the practice of law, e.g. judges, prosecutors, lawyers, etc., would be an asset;
- Knowledge of international legal procedure standards and instruments;
- Previous experience in international organisations in the area of rule of law and/or law enforcement;
- Knowledge of the standards and practices of modern criminal justice systems;
- Experience in project management, including planning, budgeting, implementation and evaluation;
- Good drafting skills and the ability to tailor reports and presentations to the needs of a specific audience;
- Professional fluency in the English language, both oral and written;
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft packages;
- Demonstrable organizational, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills, including cultural sensitivity and judgment;
- Ability and willingness to work with people of different nationalities, cultural and religious backgrounds and diverse political views while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, as well as the ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Possession of a valid driving licence.
Candidates are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the OSCE core values and competencies by studying the OSCE Competency Model available at: http://www.osce.org/employment/144466.
- Commitment: Actively contributes to achieving organizational goals
- Diversity: Respects others and values their diverse perspectives and contributions
- Integrity: Acts in a manner consistent with the Organization’s core values and organizational principles
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for own action and delegated work
- Communication: Actively works to achieve clear and transparent communication with colleagues and with stakeholders of the Organization
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others on common goals and fosters a positive, trust-based working environment
- Planning: Works towards the achievement of goals in a structured and measured manner
- Analysis and decision-making: Analyses available information, draws well-founded conclusions and takes appropriate decisions
- Initiative-taking: Proposes and initiates new ideas, activities and projects
- Flexibility: Responds positively and effectively to changing circumstances
Managerial competencies (for positions with managerial responsibilities)
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, builds trust and creates an enabling environment
- Strategic thinking: Identifies goals that advance the organizational agenda and develops plans for achieving them
- Managing performance: Helps to maximize team performance by providing active feedback and skill development opportunities
The successful candidate will receive a Short-term Letter of Appointment until 22 January 2018, and will receive a Board and Lodging Allowance, which is set at 117 EUR per day in 2017.
How to Apply
Please apply online through the OSCE website (https://jobs.osce.org) no later than 2 October 2017. Only online applications will be considered; applications received by email, post etc. will not be accepted.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Candidates who have not been contacted by 15 October 2017 should consider there will be no follow up to their application.
Contact tel. No.: +381 11 3606100, ext.: 4133, 4130, 4127, 4157, 4153 (Human Resources Office).
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, cancel the recruitment, offer an appointment at a lower level or offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.