As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
|General Minimum Requirements|
The general minimum requirements for working with the OSCE are:
|Field of Expertise Requirements|
The general minimum requirements for working in this field of expertise are:
|Level of Professional Competence Requirements|
Furthermore, this level of responsibility requires the following:
Second-level universtiy degree in political science, international affairs, journalism, media affairs, public relations, or other related field, or professional certification in journalism, public relations or media technology
Minimum 6 years of relevant professional experience
|Mission Specific Requirements|
*Employment is subject to 2020 Unified Budget Post Table approval.
Additionally, this particular post has specific requirements:
-Proven track record in monitoring and oversight of media and/or media institutions;
-Proven ability to work with a wide variety of actors, including media, civil society, and public officials with a track record of solidifying relationships that contribute to supporting and assisting performance;
-Experience in project management, including in designing, delivering, and reporting on timely planned and effectively delivered initiatives;
-Demonstrated track record in monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of planned and delivered initiatives against realistic and measurable indicators;
-Established knowledge in monitoring and assessing compliance of media institutions with their mandates and applicable international standards and good practices;
-Strong familiarity with developing and/or implementing initiatives on media literacy;
-Proven know-how in designing, delivering and/or overseeing media literacy courses/lectures at formal educational or grass roots levels;
-Proven experience in co-ordinating on media literacy with relevant international and/or local organizations and in conducting research on media literacy;
-Excellent organizational skills;
-Excellent monitoring, reporting, analytical and drafting skills;
-Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a member of a team, with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
-Professional fluency in the English language;
-Advanced skills in operating windows applications, including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook for e-mail;
-Valid driving license.
-Previous operational and/or field experience;
-A clear understanding of institutional relationships, both within the OSCE Mission in Kosovo and between the Mission and its main partners and interlocutors.
|Tasks and Responsibilities|
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of the Media Section and the overall supervision of the Deputy Director of the Democratization Department, should you be the selected candidate, you will be responsible for:
1. Monitoring, reporting on and analysing media related developments to contribute to the programmatic goals of the section, composing input for internal and external use, and developing media development related initiatives;
2. Developing and overseeing initiatives on media literacy for a diverse audience, including at the official educational and grass-roots levels;
3. Liaising and maintaining frequent communication with local and international stakeholders, local partners, international organizations, and sister field Missions on developing and co-ordinating of media literacy initiatives;
4. Organizing and delivering trainings on media literacy according to internally developing as well as established media literacy curricula;
5. Delivering presentations and lectures on media literacy for internal and external partners and a wider audience, including on the Missions media literacy initiatives and activities;
6. Monitoring the performance of media institutions, assessing them against their mandates and applicable international standards and good practices, delivering detailed reports and designing and implementing initiatives that contribute to strengthening their functioning;
7. Monitoring the activity of media, with an enhanced focus on non-majority media, and reports and responds to developments with the objective to strengthen the sustainability, independence, and effective functioning of media;
8. Drafting reports and input on media related developments, including on niche topics such as reporting on justice, domestic violence, hate crimes, etc.;
9. Maintaining frequent communication with counterparts from media institutions, associations of journalists, and relevant media outlets to consolidate strong working relationships and maintain the ability to have insight into their functioning with the objective to provide support and assistance;
10. Taking responsibility and independently implements project activities as assigned by the Chief of Section, ensuring that the activities are planned in time, delivered effectively, reported on upon completion, and measured against established indicators of success;
11. Providing relevant written and verbal communication in time and on schedule, ensuring that the work submitted is of high quality and complies with deadlines that are frequently tight;
12. Taking prompt and appropriate action in response to observed events;
13. Translating observed events into concise and accurate oral and written reports;
14. Performing other duties as assigned.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo, please see: https://www.osce.org/mission-in-kosovo
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds. Please note that nationals or permanent residents of the duty station are not eligible to apply.
Candidates should, prior to applying, verify with their respective nominating authority to which extent financial remuneration and/or benefit packages will be offered.
Please apply to your relevant authorities several days prior to the deadline expiration to ensure timely processing of your application. Delayed nominations will not be considered.