As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
The mandate of the OSCE Presence in Albania is to promote democratization, the rule of law, and human rights as well as to consolidate democratic institutions in line with OSCE principles, standards and commitments.
Originally established in 1997, today, the Presence’s activities range from arms control and the fight against trafficking to electoral assistance; anti-corruption initiatives; gender mainstreaming and environmental projects; human rights protection; legislative, judicial, and media reform; and the capacity-building of law enforcement officials.
A fix term vacancy position has arisen in the OSCE Presence in Albania for a Senior Media Development Assistant, G6 in the Democratisation Department.
The incumbent will be under the direct supervision of the Senior Media Officer and will perform the following duties:
• Assists the SMDO with project implementation and follow up, in particular by proposing and drafting project templates, assistance to negotiations with beneficiaries and implementing partners, assistance in preparing and conducting conferences and media seminars, by drafting media advisories/press releases and providing translations, administrative assistance; SMDA will draft, follow, be responsible and propose amendments to the unit’s budget and operate the administrative system and administrative related tasks.
• Follows and researches key media development issues of interest to the Presence, keeps track of all legislative processes and monitor court cases relevant to the media and draft reports; assists the SMDO in monitoring and investigating potential violations of the Freedom of Media and contributes to drafting reports to the OSCE Representative on the Freedom of Media, monitors on daily basis electronic and print media for media development issues in particular violations of media ethics and best practices and reports the situations to the SMDO.
• Studies the institutional and legal framework on international level; prepares overviews as guided by the SMDO.
• Drafts contributions for weekly and other reports, write contributions for OSCE website and newsletter.
• Through personal and professional contacts assists in maintaining working relations with media and media-related organizations and institutions; arranges and attend meetings with representatives of the local media, governmental institutions and international partners, and produce minutes of the meetings.
• Creates and maintains database on Albanian media and journalists, foreign media in Albania, national and international organizations dealing with media issues; creates and maintains a calendar of all institutional activities related to media; maintain the documentation and archives, update telephone/fax/e-mail lists, etc.
• Performs other duties as assigned, including the necessary work with the extra budgetary projects (ExB) which are developed under Media Unit portfolio
Qualifications and Skills
• Secondary Education, ideally supplemented by University degree in Journalism, Social Sciences, Humanities, International Relations or related field, or equivalent extensive work experience in the field;
• Minimum 6 years experience in working in journalism, or with the media, particularly in gathering, organizing, analysing, editing and disseminating information;
• Familiarity with current Albanian affairs;
• Good knowledge of OSCE work;
• Computer literate with practical experience with Windows applications;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and in local languages;
• Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds.
• Must be Albanian resident and nationality;
According to the fixed OSCE salary scale, the remuneration is approximately 1,015 EURO, subject to National Social Security deductions. OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
All applications are due by 25 June 2020. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/.
Should you have any question, kindly contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.