This post is financed from the Extra Budgetary Project (ExB) ““In support of strengthening capacities of Ukrainian authorities in preventing and combating illicit trafficking in weapons, ammunition and explosives in all its aspects”. The post duration is until 31 December 2022 with the six months’ probation period.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the National Programme Manager, Senior Liaison and Communications Assistant performs the following tasks:
• Prepares materials (press releases, social media posts, outreach materials) in Ukrainian and English
• Supports content development on the PCU’s and project partners webpages
• Manages contacts database and stock of visibility materials, e.g., factsheets, banners, flags
• Conducts outreach events through organizing media coverage of project related activities and publicity events
• Acts as the SALW (Small Arms and Light Weapons) control projects’ communication advisor by:
supporting communication and visibility planning and implementation
assisting Programme Manager in planning publicity, including in their project proposals
speaking on behalf of PIT/s (project implementation team(s)) and PCU
advising team members on how to handle media enquiries
arranging interviews for HoM (Head of Mission) and others
• Responsible for liaison & communication with the project partners on the local level by supporting communication activities related to country-wide public opinion survey, attitude study and public awareness and communication campaigns including mainstreaming messaging, as well as to promoting improvement of legislative mechanisms for regulating and controlling the circulation and use of WAE (Weapons Ammunitions and Explosives) and its implementation
• Performs other duties as assigned and required
• completed secondary education, supplemented by formal courses in media / journalism, humanities or project management;
• minimum six years of working experience in communications, preferably in an international environment;
• excellent oral and written communication skills in English, Ukrainian and Russian;
• computer literacy, with practical Microsoft applications experience.
Monthly remuneration subject to social security deductions is EUR 1176. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
This position is for residents of Ukraine only. We strongly encourage applicants to use the online application system at https://jobs.osce.org; the Vacancy Number is VNUKRG00602. The deadline for applications is 31 March 2020. If you have difficulties with the online system, please use the Internet Explorer to find the vacancy. Applications received after the published deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Details of the assignment and contract may be further discussed during the interviews.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.