This post is financed from the Unified Budget.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the general supervision of the Chief of Fund Administration Unit, Senior ICT Assistant
• administers and maintains ICT hardware and software in the office (back-end and front-end) including but not limited, configuration updates, users' administration, antivirus, hardware maintenance;
• implements release of ICT hardwaresoftware using a standard process purchase hardware and software, fit to purpose test, roll-out, users training, distribute and install; co-ordinates with ICT Secretariat any major or significant releases;
• implements dailyweeklymonthly backup, periodic test and recovery;
• assists the Chief of Fund Administration Unit to prepare yearly ICT budget and follows the expenditure;
• monitors and manages capacity, and availability of ICT resources in most effective and efficient way for OSCE;
• follows implementation of ICT related policies and procedures;
• acts as help desk assistant and assists the office staff with hardware and software problems, or installs new hardware;
• performs other duties as required.
• Completed secondary education supplemented by certified studies in the field of computer science;
• Minimum 6 years of working experience in System and Network Administration;
• experience in working with LANWAN networking systems based on Cisco, administering Microsoft Windows 2008 (and above) server file print services;
• Experience with desktop software troubleshooting and functional use (e.g. Windows 710, Office 2010 and above, Adobe Acrobat Standard, etc.);
• Experience in maintaining and de-bugging live software systems;
• Experience in writing of technical documentation;
• Experience and ability to teach or instruct others and to interact professionally with a diverse group of staff;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Ukrainian;
• Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is EUR 1176. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund. Other allowances and benefits are similar to those offered under the United Nations Common System.
This position is for residents of Ukraine only. We strongly encourage applicants to use the online application system at httpsjobs.osce.org; the Vacancy Number is VNUKRG00596. The deadline for applications is 11 March 2020. If you have difficulties with the online system, please use the Internet Explorer to find the vacancy. Applications received after the published deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Details of the assignment and contract may be further discussed during the interviews.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.