A fix term vacancy position has arisen in the Headquarters of the OSCE Presence in Albania for a Senior ICT Assistant (G6) within Fund Administration Unit.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Administrative and General Services Officer, the incumbent performs the following duties:
• Provides IT technical support to the OSCE Presence in Albania and ensures a fully operational IT environment to more than 90 PC users in the Presence, and maintains the communication services and communication infrastructure.
• Plans and co-ordinates the work of the Unit and proposes improvement, changes and cost savings actions in the Presence.
• Provides requested reports and other information to the management.
• Develops and proposes required changes to the IT/Comms system.
• Ensures the functionality of all ICT Services in accordance with the requirements of the departments in the Presence and in compliance with the ICT standards, policies and procedures of the OSCE.
• Assists the supervisor in the submission of the ICT budget to the Chief of Fund Administration.
• Coordinates and guides the ICT Assistant work in the system administration and user support, telephony and GSM mobile services.
• Reports to the management of the Presence on various ICT issues. Regularly advises, both verbally and in written form.
• Maintains the Local Area Network and its continued and uninterrupted operation through the implementation of system and technology, software and hardware used in network system as instructed by the Secretariat, all upgrades and improvements both in terms of software as well as hardware related to network performance. The incumbent ensures that network services are being delivered and used in accordance with the ICT Procedures and Policies of the OSCE.
• Configures and installs new servers in LAN environment and prepares them to provide services as per the Procedures and Policies; testing, installing, deploying and re-deploying hardware and software in accordance with OSCE ICT policies and procedures, configuring computer equipment
• Oversees the ICT administration for the Presence; Assists in preparation and updating of OSCE ICT policies, standards and instructions;
• Liaises and regularly communicates with the OSCE ICT Section in the Secretariat to keeps abreast of OSCE IT-related policies;
• Proposes solutions for increasing work efficiency and presents them to the supervisor and implements new technical solutions;
• The incumbent ensures that backups are conducted according to the system in use and to report any failure or problem. Performs and supervises backup verification and data integrity;
• Designs and supports the Office network extensions, in house or in remote locations, including installation of additional posts, preparing the electricity layout, ICT cabling, Optical lines, cisco network switches configuration including redundant links to the core switches on the server room.
• Reports any security liabilities to the supervisor and proposes solutions Identifies and Suggests to the supervisor’s favourable developments and implementations of security measures in the ICT infrastructure and on end-user level.
• Provides expertise on the server operating systems, networking, Firewalls.
• Circulates ICT Information on security systems in the Presence;
1. Secondary education supplemented by studies in computer science, information technology or computer information systems. Sound experience in Microsoft infrastructure services, Exchange, Active Directory and Windows 7/10, Proxy Servers, TCP/IP, Checkpoint technologies, CUCM, management of GSM and Mobility services..
2. Microsoft certified IT professional certification, CISCO certified network associate certifications would be an asset, IT certificates desirable (i.e. MCSE).
3. Minimum 6 years’ experience in installation, maintenance and administration of LAN/WAN systems, software and hardware.
4. Excellent knowledge of computer communication packages equipment and creation of LAN/WAN designs.
5. Knowledge of advanced word processing, spread sheets, databases and e-mail in a network environment.
6. Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and local language.
7. Must be Albanian resident.
According to the fixed OSCE salary scale, the monthly remuneration is approximately 922 EURO, subject to National Social Security deductions as per the Albanian Law. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3, subject to specific conditions.
How to apply:
All applications are due by 11 October 2017. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's on line application link found under link https://jobs.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization. Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.