This is a fixed-term post with the six months’ probation period financed from the Unified Budget.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the National Finance Officer, the incumbent performs the following duties:
- Control and coordination of requests for payments, bank transfers, requests for advance payments, settlements, credit memos and receivables;
- Request for replenishment for the office from the headquarters, internal transfers;
- Submission of monthly reports, summaries, consolidated financial data on Unliquidated Obligations, running and operational costs to Accounts Department;
- Processing payments and other issues on behalf of Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights and High Commissioner on National Minorities & other OSCE missions and institutions upon request; correspondence related to authorizations for payments, reporting;
- Record in the OSCE computer aided administration system (ORACLE) all financial transaction, maintain account and monitor/certify financial availability applicable to project;
- Prepare monthly trial balance and account analysis reports, cash management, reconciliation of some accounts, closure of monthly bank statements (cash, bank);
- Prepare draft finance and budgetary reports for project proposals, midterm income and expenditure reports and other financial reports to donors according to the agreements.
- Register projects, administer suppliers;
- Centralized control and process of monthly Value Added Tax reimbursement;
- Prepare on own initiative and/or upon request all correspondence concerning financial and administrative activities;
- Perform other duties (treasury assistant) when necessary.
- Completed secondary education supplemented by specialized training in accountancy, book keeping or equivalent;
- Minimum 6 years of experience in book keeping, accounting, financial operations or comparable work; accuracy, reliability and integrity are required; familiarity with local banking practices;
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft packages;
- Knowledge of OSCE computer systems would be an asset;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Ukrainian;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Monthly remuneration subject to social security deductions is EUR 1176. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
This position is for residents of Ukraine only. We strongly encourage applicants to use the online application system at https://jobs.osce.org; the Vacancy Number is VNUKRG00557.
The deadline for applications is 26 May 2019. If you have difficulties with the online system, please use the Internet Explorer to find the vacancy. Applications received after the published deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Details of the assignment and contract may be further discussed during the interviews.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.