As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
|General Minimum Requirements|
The general minimum requirements for working with the OSCE are:
|Field of Expertise Requirements|
The general minimum requirements for working in this field of expertise are:
|Level of Professional Competence Requirements|
Furthermore, this level of responsibility requires the following:
Second level university degree in a relevant field
Minimum 6 years of relevant professional experience
|Mission Specific Requirements|
Additionally, this particular post has specific requirements:
|Tasks and Responsibilities|
Under the direct supervision of the Director of the Regional Centre (RC) and the Director of the Human Rights and Communities Department (HRCD), the incumbent works within the Regional Centre Mitrovicë/a of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo and is in charge of the implementation of the Communities Section programmatic portfolios of the Human Rights and Communities Department. The Senior Communities Officer together with the Director and the Senior Democratization Officer will be:
1. Establishing, at RC level, the most adequate line of action to promote and foster communities’ rights within the overall framework and direction of the policy established by the HRCD;
2. Liaising with the management of the RC on all monitoring activities in the area of responsibility. Performing specific monitoring tasks in relation to communities rights, as assigned;
3. In close cooperation with the Director of the RC, supervising the programmatic staff in the RC as assigned and coordinating their work;
4. Executing and supervising the implementation of monitoring instructions received from Headquarters in close cooperation with the Director of the RC and in active consultation with the other Senior Professionals assigned to the RC;
5. Compiling regular reports on activities of all staff of the HRCD located in the RC on matters related to communities rights, and submitting those reports to the Director of the RC and to the relevant staff of the HRCD in Headquarters; drafting spot reports on request of the RC Director or of the HRCD;
6. Ensuring close coordination with the Headquarters to ensure fair utilisation of capacities in the field; responding to requests of the HRCD and ensuring realisation of tasking requested by the Communities Section;
7. Facilitating the work of other professional and support staff of the Department in the RC;
8. Assisting and coordinating the implementation of projects in the field;
9. Performing other duties as assigned.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo, please see: http://www.osce.org/mission-in-kosovo
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds. Please note that nationals or permanent residents of the country of the duty station are not eligible to apply
Candidates should, prior to applying, verify with their respective nominating authority to which extent financial remuneration and/or benefit packages will be offered.
Please apply to your relevant authorities several days prior to the deadline expiration to ensure timely processing of your application. Delayed nominations will not be considered.