As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
The OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina continues to play a vital role in strengthening the country’s ability to foster a sustainable and stable security environment, to strengthen Bosnia and Herzegovina’s governance, and to encourage its consolidation as a democratic society. The Mission supports political and education reform and works to promote and protect human rights of all citizens of BiH.
Under direct supervision of the National Planning and Co-ordination Officer, should you be selected for the position, you will provide daily assistance and contribute in all activities and projects in the FAU Office of Central Co-ordination.
As an integral part of the Fund Administration Unit, which is by design a cross-functional unit, the FAU Office of Central Co-ordination:
a) provides business process analysis and decision making support to the Chief of Fund Administration (CFA) on activities and issues that affect the effectiveness of the FAU service delivery (review and rationalisation of business processes and procedures, coordination of internal control walkthroughs and administrative risk management, audit focal point);
b) implements and supports the CFA’s priority policies and projects, managing all related information flows, to respond to both internal and external demands (internal/external FAU co-ordination and service delivery improvement strategies, locally issued Circulars/IOMs, Implementing Partnership Agreements (IPAs), Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs), Donation Agreements and administration of Fund Material Management Committee (FMMC) and Survey Board cases);
c) ensures that consistent and co-ordinated FAU support is provided to all of the Mission’s 8 field offices through the network of field administrative staff.
Tasks and Responsibilities
As the Senior Administrative Assistant, should you be selected for the position, you will perform the following duties:
1. Performing general administration duties
- Assisting the supervisor in co-ordinating FAU activities by keeping record of departmental activities and maintaining calendar of events;
- Maintaining contacts within FAU and with other departments in the Mission, and co-ordinating the input of other departments in the collection of data for assignments received (such as updating and maintaining the roster of Mission’s implementing partners, monitoring and updating the Administrative Risk Register);
- Organizing technical aspects of the implementation of projects and activities and providing logistical and administrative support as necessary; assisting in the preparation of documentation and reports as required;
- Providing general office support services, preparing and/or processing administrative requests/documents, keeping records of relevant meetings and maintaining files (both paper and electronic) for the Office;
2. Providing secretarial services to the Mission’s Fund Materials Management Committee (FMMC) and co-ordinating the work of the Mission’s Survey Board, ensuring that all cases of loss, damage or theft are properly processed
- Responsible for preparation of cases for FMMC consideration, minutes of FMMC meetings and their submission to the OMMC in the Secretariat;
- Reviewing, evaluating and making disposal action recommendations to the CFA or FMMC, depending on the values of the case, regarding the OSCE property write off cases;
- Reviewing, evaluating and making recommendations to the FMMC on reimbursement with regard to the claims for compensation submitted by international Mission members involving loss of or damage to their personal effects;
- Co-ordinating with the Secretariat to obtain necessary information on insurance cases;
- Maintaining all records related to CFA/FMMC cases. Producing statistical charts of all processed cases for reference, comparison and analysis;
- Reviewing supporting documentation of property cases involving a. damage/theft/loss of OSCE property and b. donation of OSCE property to ensure they are timely processed in accordance with relevant regulations;
- Making a thorough analysis of each case presented to the Survey Board to determine liability for negligence and having done so, presents recommendations on the appropriate action to be taken to the CFA or the FMMC, depending on the nature of the case;
3. Performing other duties as assigned.
For more information on the work of the OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina, please see: https://www.osce.org/mission-to-bosnia-and-herzegovina.
- Completed secondary education, university degree in administration, social sciences or humanities would be considered an asset;
- Minimum six years of working experience in general administration and/or project implementation, preferably in an international environment;
- Experience in collecting, analysing and synthesizing data;
- Office experience, including record keeping and processing of information;
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft packages;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and local language;
- Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Holding a valid driving licence “B” and willingness to drive Mission vehicles if required.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 2,574.25 BAM/month. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna health insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
How To Apply
This position is open to citizens and permanent residents of Bosnia and Herzegovina only.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment. Please note that offline applications submitted via email, fax, or mail will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.