Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of Deputy Chief of Mission Security, the Security Monitor will be assigned to work in Gjilan/Gnjilane and will perform the following functions:
- Maintains travel security, immediate response and co-ordination of security incidents or accidents involving Mission members, assets and operations;
- The Security Monitor should monitor any security development in the Mission area such as demonstrations, riots, road blocks from various causes, which may affect travel and movement of Mission Members in all locations;
- Upon instructions and consultations with immediate supervisor(s) the Security Monitor should liaise with the Duty Officers and Situations Centres of neighbouring OSCE Missions on security issues that may affect travel and movement security and safety of the OSCE staff;
- During incident/accident, the Security Monitor should ensure and assist in coordination of the situation and draft an incident report on that particular event;
- Collects from various sources and disseminate information on daily basis on security incidents or events, which may impact the security and safety of the Mission;
- The Security Monitor should monitor during his/her respective shift all the media (written, visual or electronic), and collect all reports and security information provided by other partner organizations such as EULEX, UNMiK and Kosovo Police;
- Processes the collected information and provides a draft summary of the main security information relevant to Mission security and safety;
- Operates and monitors VHF radio communication, satellite phone, vehicles GPS tracking system, alarm systems and Closed-circuit television (CCTV) system and uses efficiently all these communication and monitoring systems in the event of an incident/accident or crisis;
- Operates and maintains radio communication on daily basis with vehicles and teams in the field throughout the Mission area and conducts regular radio checks;
- Monitors the GPS tracking system and report to the respective supervisor on any unauthorized travel or parking of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo (Mission) vehicles, as well as on unauthorized routes and over speeding exercised by Mission staff during travel;
- Acts quickly in the event of an emergency, while referring to the emergency security instructions and maintains communication. Upon instructions, guides staff during security incidents/accidents or major security events;
- Upon instructions, during emergencies liaises with the emergency responders (Kosovo Police, Fire Fighters, Hospitals, EULEX, UNMIK), as well as with Mission management and Mission members involved in security incidents/accidents. Keeps a Log for all the actions taken;
- Provides daily physical security and responses to Mission offices, assets and personnel;
- The Security Monitor is responsible for monitoring and protecting Mission property and staff against any criminal activity and damage;
- Controls access of the Mission premises, while preventing unauthorized visitors or property damage and provides general building security;
- Ensures that all personnel carry the OSCE Mission in Kosovo ID cards and that visitors entering the building receive a temporary Visitors Pass. Ensures that visitors, luggage, parcels and mails are examined in the respective scanners;
- Conducts mobile security patrolling of various areas as instructed, as well as patrolling locations where Mission activities are taking place and provides immediate security assistance to OSCE staff involved in incidents/accidents;
- Upon instructions, undertakes random vehicle mobile patrols to ensure a safe and secure environment in various Mission premises or other locations if instructed;
- Ensures that any visited location is thoroughly inspected by checking locks of gates/doors of all Mission premises, security perimeter lights, and alarm systems. Ensures that there is no breach of perimeter fencing and react in the event of potential threats or unusual situations;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Completed secondary education supplemented by advanced physical security and first-aid formal trainings
- At least two years of experience in security and safety area preferably in international organizations
- Established experience using Radio VHF
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft applications
- Knowledge on the use of CCTV and GPS tracking software
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and in the local languages.
- Valid (B) driving licence (C driving license is desirable).
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 770.25 Euro/month. Social benefits will include participation in the OSCE Group Insurance Plan (Health, Life, Accidental Disability and Temporary Incapacity Insurance) and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
How To Apply
In order to apply for this position you must complete the OSCE's online application form, found under https://jobs.osce.org. Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline
application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: Recruitment.OMiK@osce.org. In line with your qualifications please indicate preference to one or more field of expertise listed above (while using the online
application the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language would not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and
socialbackgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.