This is a fixed-term post financed from the Unified Budget with the six months’ probation period.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Fund Administration Unit the incumbent performs clerical duties related to the administration of the office:
• Receives all guests and visitors; acts as a switchboard operator, screens telephone calls, responds directly to queries or assists caller by providing solutions or directs calls to the appropriate mission member; transfers telephone calls and messages to mission members in a timely manner; updates emergency contact numbers;
• Receives, logs, screens, sorts incoming mail, records and identifies the subject matter of incoming correspondence and fax messages, providing background files and information, draws the supervisors’ attention to urgent and important items, distributes correspondence to the appropriate mission members; sends messages via facsimile and electronic mail facilities;
• Maintains and updates files of reports, correspondence, manuals and other relevant material; uploads, manages and archives documents in a folder structured manner in Doc.In; researches for information and back ground documentation if requested;
• Drafts correspondence in English/Ukrainian on the basis of instruction received and/or on the basis of own knowledge of work; checks all outgoing correspondence and material for grammatical and typographical accuracy and conformity with overall policy, OSCE Rules and Regulations and Instructions;
• Arranges for conference room, types and sends agendas and background materials; notifies participants of time and date and prepares draft minutes of the meetings if needed;
• Translates texts and documents of various kinds and provides interpretation during meetings;
• Ensures the availability of office supplies (stationery, water and paper) and arranges for their collection and distribution;
• Ensures functionality and operability of the office equipment, adds paper into the copy/fax machine and keeps the public operational office space tidy;
• Makes official travel arrangements; prepares travel authorizations/claims, and requests for other entitlements;
• Arranges accommodation, pick-up and transportation for guests and office staff, if needed;
• Coordinates vehicle requests, allocates drivers and vehicles, and maintains a log on the movement of drivers, passengers and vehicles;
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Completed secondary education;
• Minimum 3 years of secretarial or clerical experience, preferably in international organisations;
• Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft applications. Knowledge of OSCE computer systems would be an asset;
• Professional fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian;
• Good communication and interpersonal skills;
• Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds.
Monthly remuneration subject to social security deductions is EUR 872. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
This position is for residents of Ukraine only. We strongly encourage applicants to use the online application system at https://jobs.osce.org; the Vacancy Number is VNUKRG00637. The deadline for applications is 10 January 2021. If you have difficulties with the online system, please use the Internet Explorer to find the vacancy. Applications received after the published deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Details of the assignment and contract may be further discussed during the interviews.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.