The OSCE Project Co-ordinator in Ukraine (OSCE PCU) is implementing the project “Strengthening dialogue to support reforms in Ukraine”. The Project aims at promoting transparency, effectiveness and accountability of the reforms process and creating space for dialogue between government representatives and all affected parties of the reforms process. In the framework of this project the PCU is looking for an expert that will train different managers under Ministries and relevant focal points to use Scrum management techniques to resolve problems and meet projects’ results.
Please note that this is a consultancy assignment of approximately 20 working days.
The expert will be tasked to:
• Determine training needs in Scrum management of the National Reforms Council officers and high-level officials;
• Elaborate the programme of the Scrum training for different managers under Ministries;
• Provide managers under Ministries and civil servants with high quality Scrum training and training materials;
• Use Scrum tools to analyse concrete challenges the trainees face and provide recommendations on how to use these instruments to resolve detected problems;
• Ensure the trainees under Ministries get a basic understanding of how Scrum framework works in delivering successful projects;
• Deliver information on possible ways of improving the work of participants by using Scrum management techniques;
• Design and conduct an evaluation of the training results.
• Advanced university degree in management, electronics, engineering or computer science;
• Minimum 10 years of professional experience in IT and/or engineering and project management;
• Experience in managerial positions;
• Experience in leading and coaching teams to make them successful in job performance;
• Experience in Agile project management implementation in government structures;
• Experience in delivering trainings to civil servants and high-level officials;
• Experience in teaching project management techniques and instruments, including Scrum;
• Excellent knowledge of Ukrainian is required; knowledge of English will be an asset.
According to the PCU consultancy fees guidelines.
This position is for residents of Ukraine only. We strongly encourage applicants to use the online application system at www.osce.org/employment; the Vacancy Number is VNUKRC00479. The deadline for applications is 13 August 2017. If you have difficulties with the online system, please use the Internet Explorer to find the vacancy or you may use the OSCE's off-line Application Form available at http://www.osce.org/ukraine/89565; you should complete the Application Form and send it via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the title of the position on the Application Form and in the cover message subject. Applications received after the published deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Details of the assignment and contract may be further discussed during the interviews.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.