The Presence is implementing the extra-budgetary project “Establishment of a Master’s Programme in Criminology.”
The project aims at establishing a multi-disciplinary Master’s Programme on Criminology in Albania, thus improving research capacities of professionals, academics and policy-makers in the country to identify root causes of crime. It also aims at promoting an increased involvement of the community in crime prevention and rehabilitation of offenders through the programme. The project entails the development of the structure and curricula for the Master’s Programme on Criminology at the Law Faculty of the University of Tirana, building capacities and resources of the University of Tirana to deliver and manage the programme, and supporting the roll out of the first two-year master’s course. In addition, the project will support the establishment of a fellowship programme to support Ministry of Justice and Ministry of Internal Affairs in the fight against crime, as well as offer academic conferences, workshops and seminars to further deepen the knowledge related to drivers of crime and enhance capacities and skills towards better crime prevention.
The Presence’s Rule of Law and Human Rights Department is looking for three experts who will write three different research papers related to Criminology as part of the Master Programme in Criminology.
Under the guidance of the Project Manager, the research expert will be expected to:
• Select a topic related to Criminology;
• Prepare an outline of the research paper in Albanian (to be submitted with the application, as detailed below);
• Prepare the methodology of the research that may include different methods of data collection including statistical data and surveys, if applicable;
• Write a research paper in Albanian on the selected topic, based on the criteria as provided by the Albanian higher education and research legislation and upon the approval of the OSCE Presence in Albania.
• Title and an outline of the research paper in Albanian to be submitted with the application with the following features:
- Topic of the research paper
- Aim of research
- Some official data on the existence of the problem
- Research questions
- An indicating list of literature
- Proposed methodology (methods, instruments, samples, data collection and data analysis)
• Research paper in Albanian shall include:
- An abstract
- A short literature review
- A potential output/result
- Length of research paper: between 2.500 – 3.000 words, Times New Roman, 12 font, 1.5 space.
The Research Expert will work from his/her office in Tirana, Albania.
• Advanced university degree in law or social sciences; • Evidence of published academic research work in law or social sciences.
The fee for this consultancy will be 2,000 Euros, payable upon submission and approval of the above mentioned deliverables.
How to apply
All applications are due by 31 January 2019. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under link https://jobs.osce.org/ or send your application/ CV to our e-mail address email@example.com, stating the vacancy number in the subject.The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with modified Terms of Reference or for a different duration. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization. Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.