As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
A fix term vacancy has arisen in the OSCE Presence in Albania for a Reporting and Outreach Specialist (NP1), in the Democratization Department within the extra-budgetary project “Support Parliament and Civic Education in Albania”, funded by the government of the Swiss Confederation.
Under the direction of Project Manager and in cooperation with the project team he/she will contribute to smooth planning and implementation of project activities, with main focus on Civic Education part. He/she will be responsible also for reporting and analysing on project development in close coordination with PM.
Tasks and Responsibility:
1. Analyses the project progress as regards the Civic Education/Media component and suggests potential activities and events as foreseen under that project component.
2. Creates and maintains regular contacts with technical level interlocutors at Assembly and co-ordinates activities under the Civic Education/Media component of the Project.
3. Advices on and supports developing and implementing communication plans of the Assembly in its efforts to increase public understanding of the parliamentary processes and its legislative, oversight and representational functions.
4. Facilitates, both from an administrative and content point of view, of training and briefing sessions for Assembly staff, public and private media outlet staff activities on parliamentary processes as well as on outreach for public at large including targeted audiences, such as youth, women, minorities and vulnerable groups.
5. Responsible for all narrative reporting requirements of the project for all of its three components.
6. Drafts weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual as well as ad hoc reports in English for the Project Manager and/or for use of the OSCE Presence in Albania Project Coordination Office making use of reports provided by external consultants of the project as well as other actors.
7. Closely cooperates and coordinates with the PiA Finance office and PCU for the financial reporting components.
8. Reports on parliamentary developments and news, including coverage by local and international media and prepares overviews to help PM in further planning of sub-activities and adjustments for the most efficient way to achieve results.
9. In close collaboration with the Presence public Affairs team, follows project activities and prepares press releases, speeches, and talking points as required including background briefings for media on project activities and results, also developing brochures and outreach tools to publicize project achievements.
10. Represents the Project at relevant meetings, conferences and seminars as required and appropriate;
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (or the equivalent) in humanities, social sciences or linguistics studies
- At least 2 years experience in reporting and developing communication activities and/or training materials for similar programs.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Experience with the work of Parliament or the legislative process will be an asset.
- Knowledge of MS Office software, web design, HTML and other media software packages (i.e. Photoshop, video editing software).
- Experience using Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Prior experience with international organisations or other donor-funded projects preferred.
- Ability to work in a challenging and rapidly developing environment,
- Must be comfortable with constant change of local partners, and multiple, competing priorities.
- Willing to work outside the office i.e. travelling to remote areas in and outside the country
- Excellent written and spoken English and Albanian
- Must be Albanian resident and nationality.
According to the fixed OSCE salary scale, the remuneration is subject to National Social Security deductions and exempted from taxation. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
All applications are due by 24 JANUARY 2019. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.