|General Minimum Requirements|
The general minimum requirements for working with the OSCE are:
|Field of Expertise Requirements|
The general minimum requirements for working in this field of expertise are:
|Level of Professional Competence Requirements|
Furthermore, this level of responsibility requires the following:
First-level university degree in a relevant field.
Minimum 6 years of relevant professional experience.
|Mission Specific Requirements|
Additionally, this particular post has specific requirements:
|Tasks and Responsibilities|
The Regional Development Officer is responsible for the implementation, monitoring, control and evaluation of economic and environmental programme activities conducted within the regions of Kyrgyzstan. If selected, you will be responsible for providing an overview of regional development issues in the country. You will be supervised by the Head of the Economic and Environmental Department, with the Deputy Head of the OSCE Programme Office in Bishkek as your second-level supervisor. You will also keep the Head of the OSCE Programme Office in Bishkek fully informed of your activities, your planning and where necessary, seek the necessary administrative approval. Should you be selected, you will be responsible for:
1. Providing analysis and advice to the Head of the Economic and Environmental Department (EED) on programme related issues with a special emphasis on the regions of Kyrgyzstan;
2. Keeping the Head of the Economic and Environmental Department abreast of all relevant developments in the area connected to economic governance and sustainable development initiatives related to the regions of Kyrgyzstan;
3. Assessing and reporting on relevant developments taking place in Kyrgyzstan in the sphere of regional development and drafting relevant background reports and concept papers;
4. Contributing to developing the strategy and necessary resources for the economic and environmental programme of the EED through the Programme Budgeting process;
5. In co-ordination with the Head of the Economic and Environmental Department ,contributing to the development, implementation and evaluation of relevant projects; ensuring that all economic governance and sustainable development projects within Kyrgyzstan are adequately monitored, controlled and reported on;
6. Assisting the Head of the Economic and Environmental Department in the provision of the EED mid-year and annual programme revisions and EED budget reviews in the areas, projects and activities of the EED connected to economic governance and sustainable regional development of Kyrgyzstan;
7. Assisting in arranging OSCE national and regional events, visits to the area by OSCE delegations, as well as other events with OSCE participation;
8. Identifying local and international stakeholders relevant for the fulfilment of the programme and maintaining regular communication with them;
9. Initiating, maintaining and developing contacts and communication with government agencies, ministries, NGOs, international organizations and donor agencies for exchange of information, programme development, co-ordination, evaluation and follow-up;
10. As requested by the Head of the Economic and Environmental Department, representing the OSCE and the POiB in meetings, conferences, and seminars advocating for the fulfilment of EED commitments to external audiences;
11. Performing other related duties on cross-dimensional issues, as required.
For more detailed information on the work of the OSCE Programme Office in Bishkek, please see: http://www.osce.org/programme-office-in-bishkek
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds. Please note that nationals or permanent residents of the country of the duty station are not eligible to apply.
Candidates should, prior to applying, verify with their respective nominating authority to which extent financial remuneration and/or benefit packages will be offered.
Please apply to your relevant authorities several days prior to the deadline expiration to ensure timely processing of your application. Delayed nominations will not be considered.