|General Minimum Requirements|
The general minimum requirements for working with the OSCE are:
|Field of Expertise Requirements|
The general minimum requirements for working in this field of expertise are:
|Level of Professional Competence Requirements|
Furthermore, this level of responsibility requires the following:
First-level university degree in relevant field(s)
Minimum 6 years of relevant professional experience
|Mission Specific Requirements|
Additionally, this particular post has specific requirements:
|Tasks and Responsibilities|
Initial duration of assignment for this post is for a period of 12 months, with a possibility of extension, subject to a subsequent OSCE Permanent Council Decision to extend the mandate of the Mission.
If applicable, deployment is subject to attendance to and successful completion of pre-deployment training and assessment.
Applicants are hereby notified that the Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM) is designated by the OSCE as a nonfamily duty station. This designation is based on the fluid and dynamic working environment in the SMM and with due consideration to recommendations of the UN International Civil Service Commission. The currently prevailing working conditions in the duty station may include working in a hazardous location with extended hours of service, and possibly curtailed freedom of movement. Successful candidates who are appointed to locations deemed by the OSCE as hazardous will receive hazard pay. In addition, all successful candidates will be required to participate in the OSCE accident and life insurance scheme in accordance with the OSCE Staff Regulations and Staff Rules.
Please note that 1 position is in the Donetsk region and 1 position is in the Luhansk region. The incumbent might be requested to travel within Ukraine.
Under the overall guidance of the Senior Psychologist/Stress Management Adviser, the incumbent will provide psychological support to the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine's (SMM) staff. More specifically, the Stress Management Counsellor will be responsible for the following tasks:
1. Performing individual assessments and supporting in the case of Mission members experiencing difficulties coping and/or presenting mental health-related symptoms or syndromes;
2. Advising the Senior Psychologist/Stress Management Adviser as necessary, on individual and/or group cases where an identified problem is likely to have professional and personal effect (e.g. work-related problem due to a psychological problem, conflict resolution, etc.);
3. Working closely with Team and Hub Management as necessary, or upon request, with the aim of actively developing positive work/organizational culture in their teams;
4. Monitoring environmental factors that could lead to stress, with particular focus on stress related to critical incidents including emergency and crisis situations, with respect to all Mission members of the mission and advises Team and Hub Management on the appropriate measures to be taken; involvement in the Post Incident Procedure training;
5. Delivering stress management training, as well as resilience-building courses for all Mission members in the SMM;
6. Assuring, in conjunction with the Psychologist/Stress Management Adviser, a continuum of services (referral, short-term supportive intervention) to Mission members, in case needed;
7.Performing other related tasks as assigned.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine, please see https://www.osce.org/special-monitoring-mission-to-ukraine
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds. Please note that nationals or permanent residents of the country of the duty station are not eligible to apply.
Candidates should, prior to applying, verify with their respective nominating authority to which extent financial remuneration and/or benefit packages will be offered.
Please apply to your relevant authorities several days prior to the deadline expiration to ensure timely processing of your application. Delayed nominations will not be considered.