A vacancy has arisen in the Headquarters of the OSCE Presence in Albania for a Project Legal Assistant (G5), within the Rule of Law and Human Rights Department. The incumbent will work full time for eight months.
Within the extra-budgetary funded project “Justice Without Delays”, the Legal Assistant will assist in the implementation of the project, which seeks to improve the timeliness and efficiency of the Albanian courts. The Project continues to be implemented since May 2016 and concludes in December 2019.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. Support the Presence in carrying out the project, by contributing to its timely and effective implementation;
2. Assists in drafting Project related documents, including work plans, informative factsheets, progress and final reports, and other related documents;
3. Helps with the organization of events related to the judiciary of both, low, mid and high level representation of local and international institutions/organisations;
4. Attends meetings with interlocutors and provides written summaries (minutes);
5. Assists in administrative tasks and other assignments related to the Project;
6. Maintains liaison with authorities and institutions subject to activities undertaken by the Project;
7. Provides interpretation and translation services;
8. Provides administrative, clerical and secretarial support as necessary;
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Secondary education supplemented by specialized studies in law or social science;
• At least four years of relevant previous work experience (a university degree replaces one year of experience and master studies two years);
• Experience with the Albanian judiciary (either as a legal practioner and/or court personnel) or international organization or non-profit organization;
• Strong analytical skills;
• Computer literate with practical experience with Windows applications;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Albanian, including translation and interpreting abilities;
• Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds;
• Must be an Albanian resident.
According to the fixed OSCE salary scale, the monthly remuneration for G5 is approximately 819.50 EURO, subject to National Social Security deductions which currently is approximately 80Euro.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
All applications are due by 07 April 2019. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under hhttps://jobs.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.