A vacancy has arisen in the OSCE Presence in Albania for a Project Legal Assistant (G5), within the Rule of Law and Human Rights Department.
Within the extra-budgetary funded project “Establishment of a Master’s Programme in Criminology”, the incumbent will be under the direct supervision of the Project Manager and will assist the Project Manager in overseeing the monitoring and implementation of the Project activities and budget, with a focus on administrative and logistical support, reporting and follow up, providing general support to the project implementation based on the strategy and schedule defined by the Project Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. Maintains all necessary contacts for the administration of the project with the relevant members of the other departments and either resolves administrative problems or, where necessary, reports them to the Project Manager for advice;
2. Provides support by drafting, sending, receiving and archiving electronic-/paper communication and documents;
3. Stays in contact with implementing partner and consultants to follow up on administrative issues and collects all administrative/financial documents required.
4. Collects data and necessary information for the purpose of project evaluation;
5. Follows up on administrative actions, ensuring that administrative deadlines are met and procedures are followed;
6. Prepares and maintains records, documents and plans for the monitoring of the project implementation;
7. Regularly reports and provides financial and narrative reports on on-going processes and proactively points out possible obstacles;
8. Contributes and organizes Project related workshops, meetings and conferences. Participates in meetings, seminars and conferences upon request from the Project Manager;
9. Provides written summaries and minutes;
10. Assists in collection and shares with the Project Manager the relevant information from media, State institutions and civil society on daily events, political and Project societal developments;
11. Provides translation and interpretation from Albanian to English and vice versa as required.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Secondary education supplemented by Bachelor studies in law, languages, social sciences, public relations, administration and human rights.
• Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience.
• A minimum of six months of previous work experience with an international institution or similar project would be an asset
• Strong analytical skills;
• Computer literate with practical experience with Windows applications;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Albanian, including translation and interpreting abilities;
• Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds;
• Must be an Albanian resident.
According to the fixed OSCE salary scale, the monthly remuneration for G5 is approximately 819.50 EURO, subject to National Social Security deductions subject to Albanian Law.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
All applications are due by 29 April 2019. If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.