This post is financed from “Support to Ukraine’s Human Rights Protection by Enhancing Accessibility of Constitutional Justice” Extra Budgetary Project. The initial duration of the post is until December 2020. Its extension is subject to the availability of funds.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Project Assistant is assigned to the Rule of Law and Human Rights Program of the OSCE Project Co-ordinator in Ukraine under the direct supervision of the National Project Officer and the general supervision of the National Programme Manager (Legal Reform). The Project Assistant provides administrative, clerical and programmatic support to the National Project Officer in the implementation of projects in the field of rule of law and human rights, and in particular the ExB project “Support to Ukraine’s Human Rights Protection by Enhancing Accessibility of Constitutional Justice”.
The incumbent should perform the following tasks:
• assist the National Project Officer in implementation of projects in the area of Rule of Law and Human Rights, in particular, the ExB project “Support to Ukraine’s Human Rights Protection by Enhancing Accessibility of Constitutional Justice” through organizing project events (conferences, workshops, seminars etc.), providing logistical, financial and administrative support;
• assist in drafting project related documentation, including financial and administrative documents as well as project correspondence; translate documents/correspondence;
• prepare draft contracts with experts and implementing partners; collect necessary documents;
• be responsible for the distribution of correspondence, maintain contact lists, project files, office stationary and supplies;
• provide support in organization of project implementation plan, appointments, meetings, travel and other related activities; proofread documents, assist in producing project-related materials and publications;
• raise Procurement Requests in Oracle system;
• perform other related duties as assigned.
• completed secondary education supplemented by training in legal matters, humanities, human rights, social sciences or related areas;
• minimum 4 years of relevant working experience, in administrative or project management fields preferably in international organisations;
• computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft packages;
• excellent written and oral communication skills in English, Ukrainian and Russian.
Monthly remuneration subject to social security deductions is EUR 988. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
This position is open for residents of Ukraine only. Please use the online application system provided at www.osce.org/employment; the Vacancy Number is VNUKRС00604. The deadline for application is 05 April 2020. If you have difficulties with the online system, please use the Internet Explorer to find the vacancy. Applications received after the published deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Details of the assignment and contract may be further discussed during the interviews.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.