This post is financed from the Extra Budgetary Project (ExB) “Supporting the State Customs Service of Ukraine in Preventing and Combating Illicit Trafficking in Weapons, Ammunition and Explosives”. The post duration is until 30 September 2022 with the six months’ probation period.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the National Project Officer, Project Assistant performs the following tasks:
• assists in planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating programmatic activities within the ExB project; this includes identifying risks and issues affecting the ExB project;
• prepares drafts of all relevant reports, financial and administrative documents, including expenditure reviews, travel and visa, consultancy and other contracts within the ExB project;
• supports preparation and execution of programmatic events, such as trainings, exchange programmes conferences and seminars, as well as official and donor visits within the ExB project;
• supports liaison with key partners in the Government of Ukraine, international organizations and agencies, international and local experts as well as OSCE institutions within the ExB project;
• raises procurement requests in IRMA, monitors the projects’ implementation rates and spending patterns, provides recommendations to improve financial planning and monitoring, as well as ensures record keeping on the ExB project within the OSCE internal administrative, financial and reporting online systems;
• performs interpretation and translation services from/to Ukrainian, Russian and English language within the ExB project;
• performs other duties as required.
• completed secondary education, supplemented by formal training in natural and/or social sciences;
• minimum four years of working experience in project management and administration, preferably in international organisations;
• excellent oral and written communication skills in English, Ukrainian and Russian;
• computer literacy, with practical Microsoft applications experience.
Monthly remuneration subject to social security deductions is EUR 1029. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
This position is for residents of Ukraine only. We strongly encourage applicants to use the online application system at https://jobs.osce.org; the Vacancy Number is VNUKRG00626.The deadline for applications is 11 October 2020. If you have difficulties with the online system, please use the Internet Explorer to find the vacancy. Applications received after the published deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Details of the assignment and contract may be further discussed during the interviews.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.