This is the fixed-term post financed from the extra budgetary project “Enabling transboundary co-operation and integrated water resources management in the Dniester River Basin”. The initial contract duration is until 31 July 2020 with the possibility of extension.
Under the direct supervision of the National Project Officer, the Project Assistant performs the following duties:
1. Assists in managing projects related to environment and security in Eastern Europe:
• Assists in the organization of project meetings, workshops, training events etc. and in this context provides logistical support to projects activities (travel arrangements, hotel bookings, official travel authorizations and travel claims for OSCE officials and non-OSCE participants).
• In support of project activities, drafts letters of invitation and participant lists, contributes to draft agendas and other materials; communicates with participants and speakers to confirm their participation and respond to their requests; arranges meeting facilities and audio-visual and other equipment
• Assists in the management of special service agreements, suppliers and IPs. Assists in the preparation of terms of reference, selection of service and goods providers, and in the verification of financial reports.
• Gathers and compiles initial data for project monitoring and evaluation
2. Prepares and maintains documentation for projects
• translates selected documents
• maintains files, documents, contact lists, etc.
• manages working-level correspondence
3. Oversees flow of internal procurement approval:
• Raises and updates purchase requests (in IRMA)
• Confirms that services or goods were delivered (in IRMA)
4. Other duties as assigned.
• completed secondary education, supplemented by formal training in administration;
• minimum four years’ experience in administrative or project work, preferably in an international environment and with relevance to environmental topics;
• computer literacy with Microsoft Applications practical experience;
• IRMA working experience would be an asset.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is EUR 988. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
This position is open for residents of Ukraine only. Please use the online application system provided at www.osce.org/employment; the Vacancy Number is VNUKRG00592. The deadline for application is 05 February 2019. If you have difficulties with the online system, please use the Internet Explorer to find the vacancy. Applications received after the published deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Details of the assignment and contract may be further discussed during the interviews.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.