This post is financed from the Extra Budgetary “Support to National Dialogue for Reforms, Justice and Development” project, which is subject to approval.
Under the direct supervision of the National Project Officer, the Project Assistant performs the following duties:
1. Assists in managing projects:
• assists in the programmatic management of implementing partners, suppliers, special service agreements; assists in the preparation of terms of references, selection of service and goods providers, and in the verification of financial reports
• arranges travel, accommodation, official travel authorizations and travel claims for OSCE and non-OSCE officials
• drafts invitation letters, participant lists, agendas and other materials; communicates with participants and speakers to confirm their participation and responds to their requests; arranges meeting facilities, audio-visual and other equipment
• gathers and compiles data for project monitoring and evaluation
2. Prepares and maintains documentation for the programme:
• translates documents
• maintains files, documents, contact lists, etc.
• handles correspondence
3. Oversees flow of internal procurement approval:
• raises and updates purchase requisitions
• confirms that the services and goods are delivered
4. Other duties as assigned:
• in particular, performs similar duties for other project personnel, if needed
• Completed secondary education, supplemented by formal training in administration;
• Minimum four years’ experience in administrative or project work, preferably in an international environment;
• Computer literacy with Microsoft Applications practical experience; IRMA working experience would be an asset;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Ukrainian.
Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund. Other allowances and benefits are similar to those offered under the United Nations Common System.
This position is for residents of Ukraine only. We strongly encourage applicants to use the online application system at https://jobs.osce.org; the Vacancy Number is VNUKRG00508. The deadline for applications is 29 April 2018. If you have difficulties with the online system, please use the Internet Explorer to find the vacancy. Applications received after the published deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Details of the assignment and contract may be further discussed during the interviews.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.