As a result of the decision on the closure of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), please be informed that all SMM open recruitment processes are hereby cancelled. To see all other vacancies, please click here.
The post is financed from the Extra Budgetary “Anti-Trafficking in Human Beings and Smuggling of Migrants Training in Ukraine” Project. The initial contract is until 31 December 2020. The post extension is subject to availability of funds.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Adviser on Combating Trafficking In Human Beings, OSCE Secretariat, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. Assist in managing the ExB project on “Anti-Trafficking in Human Beings and Smuggling of Migrants Training in Ukraine”
• Maintain dialogue and actively co-ordinate with local authorities in Ukraine
• Draft letters of invitation and thank you letters, compile list of participants, agendas and other relevant documents; communicate with participants and speakers to confirm their participation and respond to their requests
• Assist in organizing conferences, workshops, trainings and meetings and handle their logistics, including arranging of travel, visa support, allowances, catering and technical support
• Maintain dialogue and co-ordinate closely with all stakeholders of the project
• Assist with the preparation of narrative and financial reports
• Prepare qualitative work plans and substantive progress reports as required, gather and compile data for project monitoring and evaluation
2. Prepare and maintain documentation for the project
• Translate documents
• Maintain files, documents, contact lists, etc.
• Handle correspondence
3. Oversee flow of internal procurement approval
• Make procurement and service arrangements related to project activities, enter purchase requests (PRs) in Oracle and receive goods/services
• Follow up on open payments and ensure timely payment of invoices and receipts
4. Other duties as assigned.
• Completed secondary education, supplemented by formal training in project administration, narrative and financial reporting;
• Minimum four years’ of project related administrative experience, preferably in an international environment;
• Computer literacy with Microsoft Applications practical experience; IRMA/Oracle experience would be an asset;
• Experience in organising trainings, workshops, conferences and associated logistics;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Ukrainian.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is EUR 1,029. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
This position is for residents of Ukraine only. We strongly encourage applicants to use the online application system at https://jobs.osce.org/; the Vacancy Number is VNUKRC00617. The deadline for applications is 19 July 2020. If you have difficulties with the online system, please use the Internet Explorer to find the vacancy. Applications received after the published deadline will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Details of the assignment and contract may be further discussed during the interviews.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.