Vacancy Number VNTURG00118 Job Title PROGRAMME ASSISTANT Organization Name OSCE Centre in Ashgabat Background Main areas of responsibility are: assisting in PMD-related projects’ design, budgeting, implementation, monitoring and evaluation; dealing with routine project activity preparations as well as conference services and planned and ad hoc travel arrangements; keeping-up the dimension’s database on programmatic and project activities and regularly uploading PMD programme-and project-related information in the OSCE DocIn System; assisting in the management of administrative and procurement issues within the PMD programme and project activities and generating purchase requisitions in the OSCE Oracle System; providing written and verbal translation, drafting correspondence and replacing Senior Programme Assistant, when required. Tasks and Responsibilities 1. Administering and supervising on regular basis conference services and logistics issues, including daily communication with travelling participants and visiting experts, and handling travel arrangements such as ticket and visa procedures, flight and accommodation bookings, supplier entry requests, completion of travel-related forms (OTA, TEC, etc.) with regard to the implementation of the PMD’s programmatic and project activities in close co-operation with the SPA and under the Programme Manager’s guidance.
2. Placing and following-up various procurement requests, making market researches and assisting in preparation of specifications, generating Purchase Requisitions at request of Programme Manager and/or Senior Programme Assistant, and keeping records on project expenditures.
3. Filing and archiving project-related documents and correspondence according to OSCE rules and procedures; uploading project-related documents to the OSCE DocIn System and preparing required statistical data on PMD-related activities.
4. Providing support to the Programme Manager and Senior Programme Assistant on project development and project management issues, assisting in project monitoring and evaluation, collecting information and contributing to the project completion reports.
5. Maintaining communication with the government agencies and beneficiaries regarding PMD project proposals and activities in line with the Centre’s Annual Plan of Projects as well as securing participation of the host country representatives in OSCE events in Turkmenistan and abroad.
6. Maintaining the unit’s routine correspondence at his/her own responsibility and drafting correspondence on instruction.
7. Providing written translation of documents and interpreting during meetings, when required. 8. Taking notes on briefings and meetings. 9. Performing other related work as assigned.
Necessary Qualifications Education: Completion of secondary education.
Experience: At least three years of relevant experience in office and project management and administration and knowledge of OSCE principles, structure and policies. Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft applications. Work experience in international organizations or companies.
Languages: Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, Turkmen and Russian.
Remuneration Package Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deduction, is EUR 987 (12 times a year). OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation in Turkmenistan. Social benefits will include possibility of participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
How To Apply If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment. The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please note that this vacancy is open only for competition of Turkmenistan citizens. Please note the OSCE is an equal opportunity employer, female candidates are encourage to apply.