This is extra budgetary post (ExB) within the OSCE Mission in Kosovo, Security and Public Safety Department - Serious and Organized Crime Section.
Tasks and Responsibilities
If selected for the post of Project Assistant, you will, under the direct supervision of the Project Manager (Chief of Serious and Organized Crime Section), be providing clerical and administrative assistance in the organizational aspects of project implementation and reporting; making logistical arrangements, assisting with procurement matters, monitoring spending under the project, and following up for payment of expenditure, in compliance with the common regulatory and management framework; Communicating with the OMiK and OSCE relevant offices and beneficiary institutions to ensure project implementation; attending meetings as assigned. You will be responsible for:
- Performing general office support services for the project including a variety of administrative duties such as meeting, seminar and event organization, travel and hotel arrangements, reservations and preparing and/or processing administrative and financial requests/documents;
- Drafting correspondence and documents including meeting notes and reports, drafting administrative reports and replying to routine correspondence; drafting procurement documents;
- Collecting information on project topics and preparing information for meetings, background files, power point presentations, and other communications;
- Monitoring project progress in close co-ordination with the Project Manager, and assisting in preparing project progress reports and other narrative and financial reports on the implementation of the ExB project, as required; monitoring project expenditure; ensuring that the payments are processed correctly, following up on open payments and contributing to the final project performance reports to the donor with regard to information on expenditure, translating documents and interpreting during meetings;
- Together with the Project Manager, liaising with donors and/or beneficiary institutions in developing and implementing the capacity building activities;
- Performing other related tasks as assigned.
- Completed secondary education, supplemented by formal training or studies in secretarial or administrative work
- A minimum of three years of working experience in an international environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and local languages
- Experience in multilateral affairs, project management (implementation and evaluation) is highly desirable
- Experience in cybercrime-related technical assistance programmes and projects would be a distinct asset
- Familiarity with concepts in the area of fighting cybercrime is highly desirable
- Procurement and/or budget knowledge would be an asset
- Demonstrate planning and organizing skills, including prior experience in organizing meetings, trainings and/or conferences
- Good drafting and reporting skills
- Demonstrated research and analytical skills
- Computer literate with practical experience using Microsoft applications.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 908.92 Euro/month. Social benefits will include participation in the OSCE Group Insurance Plan (Health, Life, Accidental Disability and Temporary Incapacity Insurance) and the OSCE Provident Fund.
How To Apply
In order to apply for this position you must complete the OSCE's online application form, found under https://jobs.osce.org Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: Recruitment.OMiK@osce.org In line with your qualifications please indicate preference to one or more field of expertise listed above (while using the online application the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language would not be considered.